More Higher-Order Efficiency: Concentration Probability
AbstractBased on concentration probability of estimators about a true parameter, third-order asymptotic efficiency of the first-order bias-adjusted MLE within the class of first-order bias-adjusted estimators has been well established in a variety of probability models. In this paper we consider the class of second-order bias-adjusted Fisher consistent estimators of a structural parameter vector on the basis of an i.i.d. sample drawn from a curved exponential-type distribution, and study the asymptotic concentration probability, about a true parameter vector, of these estimators up to the fifth-order. In particular, (i) we show that third-order efficient estimators are always fourth-order efficient; (ii) a necessary and sufficient condition for fifth-order efficiency is provided; and finally (iii) the MLE is shown to be fifth-order efficient.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 67 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pfanzagl, J. & Wefelmeyer, W., 1978. "A third-order optimum property of the maximum likelihood estimator," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Taniguchi, Masanobu, 1986. "Third order asymptotic properties of maximum likelihood estimators for Gaussian ARMA processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-31, February.
- Yuzo Hosoya, 1990. "Information amount and higher-order efficiency in estimation," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 37-49, March.
- Magnus, J.R. & Neudecker, H., 1985. "Matrix differential calculus with applications to simple, Hadamard, and Kronecker products," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-153214, Tilburg University.
- Takeuchi, Kei & Morimune, Kimio, 1985. "Third-Order Efficiency of the Extended Maximum Likelihood Estimators in a Simultaneous Equation System," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(1), pages 177-200, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.