A Unified and Broadened Class of Admissible Minimax Estimators of a Multivariate Normal Mean
AbstractThe problem of estimating the mean of a multivariate normal distribution is considered. A class of admissible minimax estimators is constructed. This class includes two well-known classes of estimators, Strawderman's and Alam's. Further, this class is much broader than theirs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 64 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Faith, Ray E., 1978. "Minimax Bayes estimators of a multivariate normal mean," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 372-379, September.
- Hiroyuki Kashima, 2005. "An application of a minimax Bayes rule and shrinkage estimators to the portofolio selection problem under the Bayesian approach," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 46(4), pages 523-540, October.
- Maruyama, Yuzo, 2003. "Admissible minimax estimators of a mean vector of scale mixtures of multivariate normal distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 274-283, February.
- Maruyama, Yazo & Takemura, Akimichi, 2008. "Admissibility and minimaxity of generalized Bayes estimators for spherically symmetric family," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 50-73, January.
- Maruyama, Yuzo & Strawderman, William E., 2009. "An extended class of minimax generalized Bayes estimators of regression coefficients," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(10), pages 2155-2166, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.