On Domains of Attraction of Multivariate Extreme Value Distributions under Absolute Continuity
AbstractThe paper gives sufficient conditions for domains of attraction of multivariate extreme value distributions. Under the assumption of absolute continuity of a multivariate distribution, the criteria enable one to examine, by using limits of some rescaled conditional densities, whether the distribution belongs to the domain of attraction of some multivariate extreme value distribution. If this is the case, the criteria also determine how to construct such an extreme value distribution. Unlike the criterion given by de Haan and Resnick [1987,Stochastic Process. Appl.2583-93], the criteria are easily applicable even when the marginal tails are not Pareto-like.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 63 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joe, Harry, 1990. "Families of min-stable multivariate exponential and multivariate extreme value distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 75-81, January.
- de Haan, L. & Resnick, S., 1987. "On regular variation of probability densities," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 25, pages 83-93.
- de Haan, L. & Omey, E. & Resnick, S., 1984. "Domains of attraction and regular variation in IRd," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 17-33, February.
- Bouye, Eric & Durlleman, Valdo & Nikeghbali, Ashkan & Riboulet, Gaël & Roncalli, Thierry, 2000. "Copulas for finance," MPRA Paper 37359, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Capéraà, Philippe & Fougères, Anne-Laure & Genest, Christian, 2000. "Bivariate Distributions with Given Extreme Value Attractor," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 30-49, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.