Multivariate Distributions from Mixtures of Max-Infinitely Divisible Distributions
AbstractA class of multivariate distributions that are mixtures of the positive powers of a max-infinitely divisible distribution are studied. A subclass has the property that all weighted minima or maxima belong to a given location or scale family. By choosing appropriate parametric families for the mixing distribution and the distribution being mixed, families of multivariate copulas with a flexible dependence structure and with closed form cumulative distribution functions are obtained. Some dependence properties of the class, as well as some characterizations, are given. Conditions for max-infinite divisibility of multivariate distributions are obtained.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 57 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Capéraà, Philippe & Fougères, Anne-Laure & Genest, Christian, 2000. "Bivariate Distributions with Given Extreme Value Attractor," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 30-49, January.
- Szego, Giorgio, 2005. "Measures of risk," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 163(1), pages 5-19, May.
- Meinel, Nina, 2007. "Untersuchung asymptotischer Eigenschaften von Schätzern diskreter bivariater Copula Modelle mit Kovariablen," Discussion Papers 82/2007, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Statistics and Econometrics.
- Hua, Lei & Joe, Harry, 2012. "Tail comonotonicity: Properties, constructions, and asymptotic additivity of risk measures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 492-503.
- Paul Janssen & Luc Duchateau, 2011. "Comments on: Inference in multivariate Archimedean copula models," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 271-275, August.
- Bouye, Eric & Durlleman, Valdo & Nikeghbali, Ashkan & Riboulet, Gaël & Roncalli, Thierry, 2000. "Copulas for finance," MPRA Paper 37359, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hofert, Marius, 2011. "Efficiently sampling nested Archimedean copulas," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 57-70, January.
- Hua, Lei & Joe, Harry, 2011. "Tail order and intermediate tail dependence of multivariate copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(10), pages 1454-1471, November.
- Joe, Harry & Ma, Chunsheng, 2000. "Multivariate Survival Functions with a Min-Stable Property," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 13-35, October.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.