Identification of Refined ARMA Echelon Form Models for Multivariate Time Series
AbstractIn the present article, we are interested in the identification of canonical ARMA echelon form models represented in a "refined" form. An identification procedure for such models is given by Tsay (J. Time Ser. Anal.10(1989), 357-372). This procedure is based on the theory of canonical analysis. We propose an alternative procedure which does not rely on this theory. We show initially that an examination of the linear dependency structure of the rows of the Hankel matrix of correlations, with originkin (i.e., with correlation at lagkin position (1,Â 1)), allows us not only to identify the Kronecker indicesn1,Â ...,Â nd, whenk=1, but also to determine the autoregressive ordersp1,Â ...,Â pd, as well as the moving average ordersq1,Â ...,Â qdof the ARMA echelon form model by settingk>1 andk
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 56 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- George Athanasopoulos & D.S. Poskitt & Farshid Vahid, 2007. "Two canonical VARMA forms: Scalar component models vis-à-vis the Echelon form," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 10/07, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics, revised May 2009.
- Boubacar Mainassara, Y. & Francq, C., 2011.
"Estimating structural VARMA models with uncorrelated but non-independent error terms,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 496-505, March.
- Boubacar Mainassara, Yacouba & Francq, Christian, 2009. "Estimating structural VARMA models with uncorrelated but non-independent error terms," MPRA Paper 15141, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dufour, Jean-Marie & Tessier, David, 1997. "La causalité entre la monnaie et le revenu : une analyse fondée sur un modèle VARMA-échelon," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 73(1), pages 351-366, mars-juin.
- Melard, Guy & Roy, Roch & Saidi, Abdessamad, 2006. "Exact maximum likelihood estimation of structured or unit root multivariate time series models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(11), pages 2958-2986, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.