A Measure of Association for Bivariate Frailty Distributions
AbstractA general formula is derived for the variance of Kendall's coefficient of concordance for absolutely continuous bivariate distributions generated by frailties. The formula is specialized to the case of Gumbel's Type II distribution of extreme values, which arises when the frailty has a positive stable distribution. A new diagnostic is suggested for the goodness of fit of a bivariate frailty distribution, based on the value of Kendall's tau for a truncated sample. It is shown that as a function of the proportion of the sample truncated, this truncated tau characterizes the original frailty distribution. The methods are applied to some cable insulation failure data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 56 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elisa Luciano & Jaap Spreeuw & Elena Vigna, 2006.
"A note on stochastic survival probabilities and their calibration,"
ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series
5-2006, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Elisa Luciano & Elena Vigna, 2005. "A note on stochastic survival probabilities and their calibration," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 1-2005, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Elisa Luciano & Jaap Spreeuw & Elena Vigna, 2007.
"Modelling Stochastic Mortality for Dependent Lives,"
CeRP Working Papers
58, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Luciano, Elisa & Spreeuw, Jaap & Vigna, Elena, 2008. "Modelling stochastic mortality for dependent lives," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 234-244, October.
- Elisa Luciano & Jaap Spreeuw & Elena Vigna, 2007. "Modelling stochastic mortality for dependent lives," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 43, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Mesfioui, Mhamed & Quessy, Jean-François, 2008. "Dependence structure of conditional Archimedean copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 372-385, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.