Strong Approximation Theorems for Independent Random Variables and Their Applications
AbstractThis paper provides an elementary way to establish the general strong approximation theorems for independent random variables by using two special results of Sakhanenko. Applications to the law of the iterated logarithm and the strong law of large numbers are discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 52 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Menshikov, M.V. & Wade, Andrew R., 2008. "Logarithmic speeds for one-dimensional perturbed random walks in random environments," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 118(3), pages 389-416, March.
- Raluca Balan & Kulik, 2005. "Self-Normalized Weak Invariance Principle for Mixing Sequences," RePAd Working Paper Series lrsp-TRS417, Département des sciences administratives, UQO.
- Chang, Yoosoon, 2004.
"Bootstrap unit root tests in panels with cross-sectional dependency,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 263-293, June.
- Yoosoon Chang, 2000. "Bootstrap Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1585, Econometric Society.
- Chang, Yoosoon, 2002. "Bootstrap Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency," Working Papers 2000-01, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Yoosoon Chang, 2000. "Bootstrap Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1251, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Javier Hidalgo & Myung Hwan Seo, 2012.
"Testing for Structural Stability in the Whole Sample,"
STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series
/2013/561, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Hidalgo, Javier & Seo, Myung Hwan, 2013. "Testing for structural stability in the whole sample," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 175(2), pages 84-93.
- Javier Hidalgo-Moreno & Myung Hwan Seo, 2012. "Testing for structural stability in the whole sample," Economics Working Papers we1236, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Javier Hidalgo & Myunghwan Seo, 2011. "Testing For Structural Stability In The Whole Sample," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2011/558, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- repec:cep:stiecm:em/2011/558 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cep:stiecm:em/2013/561 is not listed on IDEAS
- Csörgo, Miklós & Norvaisa, Rimas & Szyszkowicz, Barbara, 1999. "Convergence of weighted partial sums when the limiting distribution is not necessarily Radon," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 81-101, May.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.