Estimation for diffusion processes from discrete observation
AbstractThe maximum likelihood estimation of the unknown parameter of a diffusion process based on an approximate likelihood given by the discrete observation is treated when the diffusion coefficients are unknown and the condition for "rapidly increasing experimental design" is broken. The asymptotic normality of the joint distribution of the maximum likelihood estimator of the unknown parameter in the drift term and an estimator of the diffusion coefficient matrix is proved. We prove the weak convergence of the likelihood ratio random field, which serves to show the asymptotic behavior of the likelihood ratio tests with restrictions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 41 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uchida, Masayuki, 2008. "Approximate martingale estimating functions for stochastic differential equations with small noises," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 118(9), pages 1706-1721, September.
- Comte, F. & Genon-Catalot, V. & Rozenholc, Y., 2009. "Nonparametric adaptive estimation for integrated diffusions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 811-834, March.
- Phillips, Peter C.B. & Yu, Jun, 2009. "A two-stage realized volatility approach to estimation of diffusion processes with discrete data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 150(2), pages 139-150, June.
- Masayuki Uchida, 2010. "Contrast-based information criterion for ergodic diffusion processes from discrete observations," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 62(1), pages 161-187, February.
- Yoshida, Nakahiro, 2013. "Martingale expansion in mixed normal limit," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(3), pages 887-933.
- A. S. Hurn & J. I. Jeisman & K. A. Lindsay, 0.
"Seeing the Wood for the Trees: A Critical Evaluation of Methods to Estimate the Parameters of Stochastic Differential Equations,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 5(3), pages 390-455.
- Stan Hurn & J.Jeisman & K.A. Lindsay, 2006. "Seeing the wood for the trees: A critical evaluation of methods to estimate the parameters of stochastic differential equations," Stan Hurn Discussion Papers 2006, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Arnaud Gloter, 2007. "Efficient estimation of drift parameters in stochastic volatility models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 495-519, October.
- Shoji, Isao, 1997. "A note on asymptotic properties of the estimator derived from the Euler method for diffusion processes at discrete times," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 153-159, December.
- Stan Hurn & J.Jeisman & K.A. Lindsay, 2006. "Seeing the Wood for the Trees: A Critical Evaluation of Methods to Estimate the Parameters of Stochastic Differential Equations. Working paper #2," NCER Working Paper Series 2, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- J. Jimenez & R. Biscay & T. Ozaki, 2005. "Inference Methods for Discretely Observed Continuous-Time Stochastic Volatility Models: A Commented Overview," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 109-141, June.
- Michael Sørensen, 2008. "Efficient estimation for ergodic diffusions sampled at high frequency," CREATES Research Papers 2007-46, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Nakahiro Yoshida, 2011. "Polynomial type large deviation inequalities and quasi-likelihood analysis for stochastic differential equations," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 63(3), pages 431-479, June.
- Samson, Adeline & Thieullen, Michèle, 2012. "A contrast estimator for completely or partially observed hypoelliptic diffusion," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 122(7), pages 2521-2552.
- Gloter, Arnaud & Sørensen, Michael, 2009. "Estimation for stochastic differential equations with a small diffusion coefficient," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 679-699, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.