Quadratic errors for nonparametric estimates under dependence
AbstractWe investigate nonparametric curve estimation (including density, distribution, hazard, conditional density, and regression functions estimation) by kernel methods when the observed data satisfy a strong mixing condition. In a first attempt we show asymptotic equivalence of average square errors, integrated square errors, and mean integrated square errors. These results are extensions to dependent data of several works, in particular of those by Marron and Härdle (1986, J. Multivariate Anal. 20 91-113). Then we give precise asymptotic evaluations of these errors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 39 (1991)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rodríguez Poo, Juan M. & Ferreira García, María Eva & Orbe Mandaluniz, Susan, 2001.
"Nonparametric estimation of time varying parameters under shape restrictions,"
2001-02, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Orbe, Susan & Ferreira, Eva & Rodriguez-Poo, Juan, 2005. "Nonparametric estimation of time varying parameters under shape restrictions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 53-77, May.
- Xia, Yingcun & Li, W. K., 2002. "Asymptotic Behavior of Bandwidth Selected by the Cross-Validation Method for Local Polynomial Fitting," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 265-287, November.
- Bosq, Denis, 1995. "Optimal asymptotic quadratic error of density estimators for strong mixing or chaotic data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 339-347, March.
- Quintela-del-Rio, Alejandro, 2007. "Plug-in bandwidth selection in kernel hazard estimation from dependent data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(12), pages 5800-5812, August.
- É. Youndjé & P. Sarda & P. Vieu, 1996. "Optimal smooth hazard estimates," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 379-394, December.
- Estévez-Pérez, Graciela, 2002. "On convergence rates for quadratic errors in kernel hazard estimation," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 231-241, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.