Rates of convergence in multivariate extreme value theory
AbstractWe discuss rates of convergence for the distribution of normalized sample extremes to the appropriate limit distribution. We show that the rate of convergence depends on that of the corresponding dependence functions and that of the marginals. The univariate results are well known by now, so we restrict our attention to dependence functions (Sections 2 and 3). In the final section of the paper we obtain a Berry-Esséen type result for multivariate extremes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 38 (1991)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Omey, Edward & Vesilo, Rein, 2011. "Local limit theorems for shock models," Working Papers 2011/23, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Maejima, Makoto & Rachev, Svetlozar T., 1997. "Rate-of-convergence in the multivariate max-stable limit theorem," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 115-123, March.
- Falk, Michael & Reiss, Rolf-Dieter, 2005. "On Pickands coordinates in arbitrary dimensions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 426-453, February.
- de Haan, L. & Peng, L., 1997. "Rates of Convergence for Bivariate Extremes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 195-230, May.
- Falk, Michael & Reiss, Rolf Dieter, 2002. "A characterization of the rate of convergence in bivariate extreme value models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 341-351, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.