Estimation of a multivariate stochastic volatility density by kernel deconvolution
AbstractWe consider a continuous time stochastic volatility model. The model contains a stationary volatility process. We aim to estimate the multivariate density of the finite-dimensional distributions of this process. We assume that we observe the process at discrete equidistant instants of time. The distance between two consecutive sampling times is assumed to tend to zero. A multivariate Fourier-type deconvolution kernel density estimator based on the logarithm of the squared processes is proposed to estimate the multivariate volatility density. An expansion of the bias and a bound on the variance are derived.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 102 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- F. Comte & V. Genon-Catalot, 2006. "Penalized Projection Estimator for Volatility Density," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 33(4), pages 875-893.
- Fabienne Comte, 2004. "Kernel deconvolution of stochastic volatility models," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(4), pages 563-582, 07.
- Masry, Elias, 1993. "Strong consistency and rates for deconvolution of multivariate densities of stationary processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 53-74, August.
- Harry Zanten & Pawel Zareba, 2008. "A note on wavelet density deconvolution for weakly dependent data," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 207-219, June.
- F. Comte & V. Genon-Catalot & Y. Rozenholc, 2010. "Nonparametric estimation for a stochastic volatility model," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 49-80, January.
- Nelson, Daniel B., 1990. "ARCH models as diffusion approximations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 7-38.
- Comte, F. & Dedecker, J. & Taupin, M.L., 2008. "Adaptive Density Estimation For General Arch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(06), pages 1628-1662, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.