Estimation of the regression operator from functional fixed-design with correlated errors
AbstractWe consider the estimation of the regression operator r in the functional model: Y=r(x)+[epsilon], where the explanatory variable x is of functional fixed-design type, the response Y is a real random variable and the error process [epsilon] is a second order stationary process. We construct the kernel type estimate of r from functional data curves and correlated errors. Then we study their performances in terms of the mean square convergence and the convergence in probability. In particular, we consider the cases of short and long range error processes. When the errors are negatively correlated or come from a short memory process, the asymptotic normality of this estimate is derived. Finally, some simulation studies are conducted for a fractional autoregressive integrated moving average and for an Ornstein-Uhlenbeck error processes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 101 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boente, Graciela & Fraiman, Ricardo, 2000. "Kernel-based functional principal components," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 335-345, July.
- Benhenni, K. & Hedli-Griche, S. & Rachdi, M. & Vieu, P., 2008. "Consistency of the regression estimator with functional data under long memory conditions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(8), pages 1043-1049, June.
- K. Benhenni & F. Ferraty & M. Rachdi & P. Vieu, 2007. "Local smoothing regression with functional data," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 353-369, September.
- Roussas, George G., 2000. "Asymptotic normality of the kernel estimate of a probability density function under association," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 1-12, October.
- Idir Ouassou & Mustapha Rachdi, 2012. "Regression operator estimation by delta-sequences method for functional data and its applications," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer, vol. 96(4), pages 451-465, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.