Exchange Risk and the Supply-Side Effects of Real Interest Rate Changes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Macroeconomics.
Volume (Year): 20 (1998)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William H. Branson, 1988. "Sources of Misalignment in the 1980s," NBER Chapters, in: Misalignment of Exchange Rates, pages 9-38 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1995. "Symposium on the Monetary Transmission Mechanism," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 3-10, Fall.
- Hercowitz, Zvi, 1986. "The real interest rate and aggregate supply," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 121-145, September.
- Shaller, Douglas R, 1983. "Working Capital Finance Considerations in a National Income Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 156-65, March.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1979.
"Can the Fed Control Real Interest Rates?,"
NBER Working Papers
0348, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donald D. Hester, 1981. "Innovations and Monetary Control," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 12(1), pages 141-200.
- Driskill, Robert, 1980. "Exchange Rate Dynamics, Portfolio Balance, and Relative Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 776-83, September.
- Jenkins, Paul & Walsh, Carl E., 1987.
"Real interest rates, credit markets and economic stabilization,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 95-108.
- Paul Jenkins & Carl E. Walsh, 1985. "Real Interest Rate, Credit Markets, and Economic Stabilization," NBER Working Papers 1575, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- MacKinnon, Keith & Smithin, John, 1993. "An interest rate peg, inflation and output," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 769-785.
- Willem H. Buiter & Marcus Miller, 1983. "Real Exchange Rate Overshooting and the Output Cost of Bringing Down Inflation: Some Further Results," NBER Chapters, in: Exchange Rates and International Macroeconomics, pages 317-368 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Stanley Fischer, 1989. "Lectures on Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262022834, December.
- McCallum, Bennett T., 1986.
"Some issues concerning interest rate pegging, price level determinacy, and the real bills doctrine,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 135-160, January.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1986. "Some Issues Concerning Interest Rate Pegging, Price Level Determinacy, and the Real Bills Doctrine," NBER Working Papers 1294, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A, 1992. "Measuring International Capital Mobility: A Review," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 197-202, May.
- Paraskevopoulos, Christos C. & Paschakis, John & Smithin, John, 1996. "Is monetary sovereignty an option for the small open economy?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 5-18.
- Duguay, Pierre, 1994. "Empirical evidence on the strength of the monetary transmission mechanism in Canada: An aggregate approach," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 39-61, February.
- Myatt, Anthony, 1985. "The adverse supply-side effects of high interest rates and procyclical real wage movements," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 237-246.
- Taylor, John B., 1993. "Discretion versus policy rules in practice," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 195-214, December.
- Benjamin M. Friedman & Kenneth N. Kuttner, 1989. "Money, Income and Prices After the 1980s," NBER Working Papers 2852, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hooper, Peter & Morton, John, 1982. "Fluctuations in the dollar: A model of nominal and real exchange rate determination," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 39-56, January.
- Smithin, John N., 1986. "The length of the production period and effective stabilization policy," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 55-62.
- Zongjun Wang & Gongkhonkwa Rujira, 2013. "The Dynamic Relationship of Stock Indexes on Interbank Money Market Rates: Evidence from Thailand," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(4), pages 827 - 843.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.