Government Size and Economic Growth in Developing Countries: A Political-Economy Framework
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Macroeconomics.
Volume (Year): 19 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Magazzino, Cosimo & Forte, Francesco, 2010. "Optimal size of government and economic growth in EU-27," MPRA Paper 26669, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Erdal Atukeren, 2006. "Politico-Economic Determinants of the Crowding-in Effects of Public Investments in Developing Countries," KOF Working papers 06-126, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Christian Bjørnskov & Axel Dreher & Justina A. V. Fischer, 2005.
"The bigger the better? Evidence of the effect of government size on life satisfaction around the world,"
CER-ETH Economics working paper series
05/44, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Christian Bjørnskov & Axel Dreher & Justina Fischer, 2007. "The bigger the better? Evidence of the effect of government size on life satisfaction around the world," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 130(3), pages 267-292, March.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2099042 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2009.
"The influence of government size on economic growth and life satisfaction. A case study from Japan,"
17879, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- yamamura, eiji, 2008. "The influence of government size on economic growth and life satisfaction. A case study from Japan," MPRA Paper 10835, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2009. "The influence of government size on economic growth and life satisfaction. A case study from Japan," MPRA Paper 18439, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asgari, Mahdi & Nogueira, Lia, 2013. "Institutional Differences and Agricultural Performance in Sub-Saharan Africa," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150611, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- World Bank, 2009. "Seychelles - Public Expenditure Review," World Bank Other Operational Studies 3089, The World Bank.
- Daniel Oto-Peralías & Diego Romero-Ávila, 2013. "Tracing the Link between Government Size and Growth: The Role of Public Sector Quality," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(2), pages 229-255, 05.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:1999042 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hassan Aly & Mark Strazicich, 2000.
"Is Government Size Optimal in the Gulf Countries of the Middle East? An empirical investigation,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 475-483.
- Hassan Aly & Mark Strazicich, 1999. "Is Government Size Optimal in the Gulf Countries of the Middle East? An Empirical Investigation," Working Papers 9911, Economic Research Forum, revised Apr 1999.
- Yesim Kustepeli, 2005. "The Relationship Between Government Size and Economic Growth: Evidence From a Panel Data Analysis," Discussion Paper Series 05/06, Dokuz Eylül University, Faculty of Business, Department of Economics, revised 06 Dec 2005.
- Federico Guerrero & Elliott Parker, 2007. "The Effect of Federal Government Size on Long-Term Economic Growth in the United States, 1792-2004," Working Papers 07-002, University of Nevada, Reno, Department of Economics & University of Nevada, Reno , Department of Resource Economics.
- Alleyne, K.A. & Lewis-Bynoe, D. & Moore, W., 2004. "An Assessment of the Growth-Enhancing Size of Government in the Caribbean," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 4(3).
- Nijkamp, Peter & Poot, Jacques, 2004. "Meta-analysis of the effect of fiscal policies on long-run growth," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 91-124, March.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2002028 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hajamini, Mehdi & Falahi, Mohammad Ali, 2012. "Economic growth and the optimum size of government in 15 European countries: A threshold panel approach," MPRA Paper 39616, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.