The J-curve revisited: an empirical examination for the United States
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Money and Finance.
Volume (Year): 8 (1989)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert Feenstra & Paul Bergin, 2004.
"staggered price setting and endogenous persistence,"
985, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Paul R. Bergin & Robert C. Feenstra, 1998. "Staggered Price Setting and Endogenous Persistence," NBER Working Papers 6492, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul R. Bergin & Robert C. Feenstra, . "Staggered Price Setting And Endogenous Persistence," Department of Economics 98-05, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Han, Sung-Shin & Suh, Seoung Hwan, 1996. "Exchange rate pass-through and the J-curve: An analysis of the Korean case," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 69-86, February.
- Robert Feenstra & Paul Bergin, 2003.
"Pricing To Market, Staggered Contracts, And Real Exchange Rate Persistence,"
991, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Bergin, Paul R. & Feenstra, Robert C., 2001. "Pricing-to-market, staggered contracts, and real exchange rate persistence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 333-359, August.
- Paul R. Bergin & Robert C. Feenstra, . "Pricing To Market, Staggered Contracts, And Real Exchange Rate Persistence," Department of Economics 99-01, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Paul R. Bergin & Robert C. Feenstra, 1999. "Pricing to Market, Staggered Contracts, and Real Exchange Rate Persistence," NBER Working Papers 7026, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chiu, Yi-Bin & Lee, Chien-Chiang & Sun, Chia-Hung, 2010. "The U.S. trade imbalance and real exchange rate: An application of the heterogeneous panel cointegration method," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 705-716, May.
- Michael Melvin & Jahangir Sultan, 1990. "The choice of an invoicing currency in international trade and the balance of trade impact of currency depreciation," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 251-268, October.
- Koray, Faik & McMillin, W. Douglas, 1999. "Monetary shocks, the exchange rate, and the trade balance," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 925-940, December.
- Greg Leonard & Alan C. Stockman, 2001.
"Current Accounts and Exchange Rates: A New Look at the Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
8361, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leonard, Greg & Stockman, Alan C, 2002. "Current Accounts and Exchange Rates: A New Look at the Evidence," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 483-96, August.
- Jaime Marquez, 1994. "The constancy of illusions or the illusion of constancies: income and price elasticities for U.S. imports, 1890-1992," International Finance Discussion Papers 475, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Baek, Jungho & Koo, Won W. & Mulik, Kranti, 2009. "Exchange Rate Dynamics and the Bilateral Trade Balance: The Case of U.S. Agriculture," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 38(2), October.
- Ayoub Yousefi, 2000. "Merchandise Trade Balances of Less Developed Countries and Exchange Rate of the U.S. Dollar: Cases of Iran, Venezuela & Saudi Arabia," Working Papers 00002, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2000.
- Jaime Marquez, 1992. "Real exchange rates: measurement and implications for predicting U.S. external imbalances," International Finance Discussion Papers 427, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Baek, Jungho & Mulik, Kranti & Koo, Won W., 2006. "The J-Curve Phenomenon: Myth or Reality?," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21382, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- George Georgopoulos, 2008. "The J-curve Revisited: An Empirical Analysis for Canada," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 36(3), pages 315-332, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.