Currency substitution and the real exchange rate: the utility maximization approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Money and Finance.
Volume (Year): 4 (1985)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- H. Murat Ozbilgin, 2010. "Welfare Gains from Disinflation in an Economy With Currency Substitution (Para Ikamesinin Oldugu Bir Ekonomide Enflasyonun Dusurulmesinden Kaynaklanan Refah Kazanimlari)," Working Papers 1009, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Alberto Giovannini & Bart Turtelboom, 1992. "Currency Substitution," NBER Working Papers 4232, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles Engel, 1987. "The Real Effects of Foreign Inflation in the Presence of Currency Substitution," NBER Working Papers 2140, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Federico Sturzenegger, 1992. "Inflation and Social Welfare in a Model With Endogenous Financial Adaptation," NBER Working Papers 4103, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kem Reat Viseth, 2001. "Currency Substitution and Financial Sector Developments in Cambodia," International and Development Economics Working Papers idec01-4, International and Development Economics.
- Arrau, Patricio, 1990. "Intertemporal substitution in a monetary framework : evidence from Chile and Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 549, The World Bank.
- Ogawa, Eiji & Sasaki, Yuri Nagataki, 1998. "Inertia in the key currency," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 421-439, October.
- Federico A. Sturzenegger, 1992. "Currency Substitution and the Regressivity of Inflationary Taxation," UCLA Economics Working Papers 656, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Aarle, B. van & Budina, N., 1995. "Currency substitution in Eastern Europe," Discussion Paper 1995-2, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Chang, Wen-ya & Tsai, Hsueh-fang & Lai, Ching-chong, 2002. "Anticipated foreign military threat, arms accumulation, and the current account in a small open economy," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 1035-1052, December.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:99:y:2012:i:2:p:358-369 is not listed on IDEAS
- Federico A. Sturzenegger, 1992. "Inflation and Social Welfare in a Model with Endogenous Financial Adaptation," UCLA Economics Working Papers 658, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Vetlov, Igor, 2001. "Dollarization in Lithuania: An Econometric Approach," BOFIT Discussion Papers 1/2001, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Sturzenegger, Federico, 1997. "Understanding the welfare implications of currency substitution," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 391-416.
- Dorsainvil, Kathleen, 2001. "The parallel market as a policy instrument in collapsing exchange rate regimes," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 27-43.
- Kazimierz Stanczak, 1992. "Competing Monies and the Big Polish Inflation of 1989," UCLA Economics Working Papers 682, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Pang, Xiaobo & Huang, Weiting, 2005.
[Value effect and network effect in the process of currency substitution]," MPRA Paper 11627, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2007.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.