On the dual characteristics of closed-end country funds
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Money and Finance.
Volume (Year): 21 (2002)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee, Bong-Soo, 1996. "Time-Series Implications of Aggregate Dividend Behavior," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(2), pages 589-618.
- Chang, Eric & Eun, Cheol S. & Kolodny, Richard, 1995. "International diversification through closed-end country funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 1237-1263, October.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis & Rafael La Porta & Thierry A. Wizman, 1993.
"What Moves the Discount on Country Equity Funds?,"
NBER Working Papers
4571, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel and Sergio L. Schmukler., 1997.
"Country Funds and Asymmetric Information,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers
C97-087, University of California at Berkeley.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Sergio L. Schmukler, 1998. "Country Funds and Asymmetric Information," International Finance 9805003, EconWPA.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Schmukler, Sergio L., 1997. "Country Funds and Asymmetric Information," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt2791c3wm, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Schmukler, Sergio L., 1998. "Country funds and asymmetric information," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1886, The World Bank.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Shim, Sangdal, 1989. "International Transmission of Stock Market Movements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 241-256, June.
- Choi, Jongmoo Jay & Lee, Insup, 1996. " Market Segmentation and the Valuation of Closed-End Country Funds: An Empirical Analysis," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 45-63, July.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Bekaert, Geert & Urias, Michael S, 1996.
" Diversification, Integration and Emerging Market Closed-End Funds,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 835-69, July.
- Geert Bekaert & Michael S. Urias, 1996. "Diversification, Integration and Emerging Market Closed-End Funds," NBER Working Papers 4990, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
- Chandar, Nandini & Patro, Dilip Kumar, 2000. "Why do closed-end country funds trade at enormous premiums during currency crises?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 217-248, May.
- Lee, Bong-Soo, 1995. "The Response of Stock Prices to Permanent and Temporary Shocks to Dividends," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 1-22, March.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Johansen, Søren & Juselius, Katarina, 1992. "Testing structural hypotheses in a multivariate cointegration analysis of the PPP and the UIP for UK," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 211-244.
- Chen, Honghui & Morse, Joel N. & Nguyen, Hoang Huy, 2009. "Changes in the liquidity of closed-end country funds after the introduction of World Equity Benchmarks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 1081-1094, August.
- Chiang, Thomas C. & Kim, Doseong & Lee, Euiseong, 2006. "Country-fund discounts and risk: Evidence from stock market volatility and macroeconomic volatility," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 303-322.
- Tsai, Pei-Jung, 2010. "Country funds and the role of international equity flows in pricing and in premiums and discounts," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 43-70.
- Kim, Youngsoo & Lee, Bong Soo, 2007. "Limited participation and the closed-end fund discount," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 381-399, February.
- Delcoure, Natalya & Zhong, Maosen, 2007. "On the premiums of iShares," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 168-195, March.
- Swanson, Peggy E. & Tsai, Pei-Jung, 2005. "Closed-end country funds and the role of exchange rates in pricing and in determination of premiums and discounts," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(5), pages 388-410.
- Tsai, Pei-Jung, 2009. "International equity flows and country funds," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 862-894, December.
- Tsai, Pei-Jung & Swanson, Peggy E. & Sarkar, Salil K., 2007. "Mean and volatility linkages for closed-end country funds," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 550-575, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.