Currency substitution and speculative attacks on a currency board system
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Money and Finance.
Volume (Year): 21 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1996. "The Purchasing Power Parity Puzzle," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(2), pages 647-668, June.
- Guillermo Calvo & Carlos A. VÃ©gh Gramont, 1992. "Currency Substitution in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 92/40, International Monetary Fund.
- McKinnon, Ronald I, 1982. "Currency Substitution and Instability in the World Dollar Standard," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 320-33, June.
- Bufman, Gil & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1993. "Currency Substitution under Nonexpected Utility: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(3), pages 320-35, August.
- Lars E.O. Svensson, 1990.
"The Simplest Test of Target Zone Credibility,"
NBER Working Papers
3394, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Calvo, Guillermo & Vegh, Carlos, 1992. "Currency Substitution in Developing Countries: An Introduction," MPRA Paper 20338, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chow, Gregory C & Lin, An-loh, 1971.
"Best Linear Unbiased Interpolation, Distribution, and Extrapolation of Time Series by Related Series,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 53(4), pages 372-75, November.
- Tom Doan, . "CHOWLIN: RATS procedure to distribute a series to a higher frequency using related series," Statistical Software Components RTS00036, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, . "DISAGGREGATE: RATS procedure to implement general disaggregation (interpolation/distribution) procedure," Statistical Software Components RTS00050, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bordo, Michael D & Choudhri, Ehsan U, 1982.
"Currency Substitution and the Demand for Money: Some Evidence for Canada,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 14(1), pages 48-57, February.
- Michael D. Bordo & Ehsan U. Choudhri, 1980. "Currency Substitution and the Semand for Money: Some Evidence for Canada," UCLA Economics Working Papers 190, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Miles, Marc A, 1978. "Currency Substitution, Flexible Exchange Rates, and Monetary Independence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(3), pages 428-36, June.
- Imrohoroglu, Selahattin, 1994. "GMM Estimates of Currency Substitution between the Canadian Dollar and the U.S. Dollar," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(4), pages 792-807, November.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-84, March.
- Schwartz, Anna J., 1993. "Currency boards: their past, present, and possible future role," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 147-187, December.
- Grilli, Vittorio, 1990. "Managing exchange rate crises: evidence from the 1890s," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 258-275, September.
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1977. "A Model of Exchange Rate Determination under Currency Substitution and Rational Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 617-25, June.
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Balance-of-Payments Crises," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(3), pages 311-25, August.
- Miller, Victoria, 1996. "Exchange rate crises with domestic bank runs: evidence from the 1980s," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 637-656, August.
- Flood, Robert P. & Garber, Peter M., 1984. "Collapsing exchange-rate regimes : Some linear examples," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 1-13, August.
- Blanco, Herminio & Garber, Peter M, 1986. "Recurrent Devaluation and Speculative Attacks on the Mexican Peso," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(1), pages 148-66, February.
- Officer, Lawrence H., 1989. "The Remarkable Efficiency of the Dollar-Sterling Gold Standard, 1890–1906," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(01), pages 1-41, March.
- Yue Ma & Shu-ki Tsang & Matthew S. Yiu & Wai-Yip Alex Ho, 2010. "A Target-Zone Model with Two Types of Assets," Working Papers 302010, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- repec:cbk:journl:v:2:y:2013:i:2:p:71-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sun, Huayu & Ma, Yue, 2005. "Policy strategies to deal with revaluation pressures on the renminbi," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 103-117.
- Huayu Sun & Yue Ma, 2004. "Money and price relationship in China," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 225-247.
- Lok Ho & Yue Ma & Donald Haurin, 2008. "Domino Effects Within a Housing Market: The Transmission of House Price Changes Across Quality Tiers," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 299-316, November.
- Tse, Y. K. & Yip, Paul S. L., 2003. "The impacts of Hong Kong's Currency Board reforms on the interbank market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2273-2296, December.
- Novak Kondić & Borivoje D. Krušković, 2013. "Unemployment Gap in the Currency Board Regime," Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, Central bank of Montenegro, vol. 2(3), pages 71-84.
- Shucheng Liu & Zhijun Zhao & Yue Ma & Matthew S. Yiu & Yak-yeow Kueh & Shu-ki Tsang, 2002. "The Full Convertibility of Renminbi: Sequencing and Influence," Working Papers 092002, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Sell, Friedrich L., 2004. "Währungspolitik im Dienste von Entwicklung : Immer noch ein Forschungsprogramm!," Working Papers in Economics 2004,2, Universität der Bundeswehr München, Economic Research Group.
- Valente, Giorgio, 2009. "International interest rates and US monetary policy announcements: Evidence from Hong Kong and Singapore," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 920-940, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.