Dollarization and inflation in a two-country optimization model
AbstractIn a two-country, two-currency model, this paper examines the conditions of dollarization, analyzes the effect of government inflation finance and studies the strategic interdependence of different-currency inflation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Money and Finance.
Volume (Year): 12 (1993)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443
Other versions of this item:
- Heng-fu Zou, 1995. "Dollarization and inflation in a two-country optimization model," CEMA Working Papers 96, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1977. "A Model of Exchange Rate Determination under Currency Substitution and Rational Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 617-25, June.
- Chan Wang & Heng-fu Zou, 2013.
"On the efficiency of monetary and fiscal policy in open economies,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 179-206, May.
- Chan Wang & Heng-fu Zou, 2012. "On the efficiency of monetary and fiscal policy in open economies," CEMA Working Papers 534, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Chan Wang & Heng-fu Zou, 2013. "Optimal monetary and tariff policy in open economies," CEMA Working Papers 587, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Chan Wang & Heng-fu Zou, 2013. "Optimal monetary policy in open economies: the role of reference currency in vertical production and trade," CEMA Working Papers 586, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.