Econometric studies in health economics : A survey of the British literature
AbstractThis paper provides a survey of British applied econometric work in the field of health economics. The literature is divided into five main areas: the supply of health care; the demand for health care; non-medical influences on health; market equilibrium and non-price rationing; and planning, budgeting and monitoring mechanisms. In addition to surveying the literature to date, the paper also offers some suggestions for future research.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 8 (1989)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Other versions of this item:
- Adam Wagstaff, 1987. "Econometric studies in health economics: a survey of the British literature," Working Papers 032chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- José M. R. Murteira & Óscar D. Lourenço, 2007.
"Health Care Utilization and Self-Assessed Health Specification of Bivariate Models Using Copulas,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
07/27, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- José Murteira & Óscar Lourenço, 2011. "Health care utilization and self-assessed health: specification of bivariate models using copulas," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 447-472, October.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Barnum, Howard, 1992. "Hospital cost functions for developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1044, The World Bank.
- Eduardo Ley, 1991. "Eficiencia productiva: un estudio aplicado al sector hospitalario. Respuesta," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 15(3), pages 755-756, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.