Did Medicare's Prospective Payment System cause length of stay to fall?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 7 (1988)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Socha-Dietrich, Karolina & Zweifel, Peter, 2014. "Creaming and Dumping: Who on Whom?," COHERE Working Paper 2014:4, COHERE - Centre of Health Economics Research, University of Southern Denmark.
- Neeraj Sood & Peter J. Huckfeldt & David C. Grabowski & Joseph P. Newhouse & José J. Escarce, 2011.
"The Effect of Prospective Payment on Admission and Treatment Policy: Evidence from Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities,"
NBER Working Papers
17125, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sood, Neeraj & Huckfeldt, Peter J. & Grabowski, David C. & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Escarce, José J., 2013. "The effect of prospective payment on admission and treatment policy: Evidence from inpatient rehabilitation facilities," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 965-979.
- Xufeng Qian & Louise Russell & Elmira Valiyeva & Jane Miller, 2005. "New Evidence on Medicare's Prospective Payment System: A Survival Analysis based on the NHANES I Epidemiologic Followup Study," Departmental Working Papers 200506, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Kaestner, Robert & Guardado, Jose, 2008. "Medicare reimbursement, nurse staffing, and patient outcomes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 339-361, March.
- Galina Besstremyannaya & Dmitry Shapiro, 2012. "Heterogeneous effect of prospective payment system on hospital’s volume and quality," Working Papers w0181, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Christopher Afendulis & Daniel Kessler, 2011. "Vertical Integration and Optimal Reimbursement Policy," NBER Working Papers 17316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gabriel Picone & R. Mark Wilson & Shin-Yi Chou, 2003. "Analysis of hospital length of stay and discharge destination using hazard functions with unmeasured heterogeneity," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(12), pages 1021-1034.
- Randall P. Ellis & Thomas G. McGuire, 1994.
"Hospital Response to Prospective Payment: Moral Hazard, Selection, and Practice-Style Effects,"
0050, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G., 1996. "Hospital response to prospective payment: Moral hazard, selection, and practice-style effects," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 257-277, June.
- Xufeng Qian & Louise Russell & Elmira Valiyeva & Jane Miller, 2007. "Medicare's Prospective Payment System for Hospitals: New Evidence on Transitions Among Health Care Settings," Departmental Working Papers 200707, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Christopher Afendulis & Daniel Kessler, 2011. "Vertical integration and optimal reimbursement policy," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 165-179, September.
- Mingshan Lu & Ching-to Albert Ma & Lasheng Yuan, 2003.
"Risk selection and matching in performance-based contracting,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(5), pages 339-354.
- Mingshan Lu & Ching-to Albert Ma & Lasheng Yuan, 2000. "Risk Selection and Matching in Performance-Based Contracting," Papers 0101, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Björn A. Kuchinke & Ansgar Wübker, 2009. "Defizite von öffentlichen Allgemeinkrankenhäusern in Deutschland: Empirische Befunde von 1998 bis 2004 und wirtschaftspolitische Implikationen," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 10(3), pages 290-308, 08.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.