Cigarette tax avoidance and evasion
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 24 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Galbraith, John W. & Kaiserman, Murray, 1997. "Taxation, smuggling and demand for cigarettes in Canada: Evidence from time-series data," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 287-301, June.
- Chaloupka, Frank J. & Wechsler, Henry, 1997.
"Price, tobacco control policies and smoking among young adults,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 359-373, June.
- Frank J. Chaloupka & Henry Wechsler, 1995. "Price, Tobacco Control Policies and Smoking Among Young Adults," NBER Working Papers 5012, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank J. Chaloupka & Kenneth E. Warner, 1999.
"The Economics of Smoking,"
NBER Working Papers
7047, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ted O'Donoghue and Matthew Rabin ., 1997.
"Doing It Now or Later,"
Economics Working Papers
97-253, University of California at Berkeley.
- Ted O'Donoghue & Matthew Rabin, 1996. "Doing It Now or Later," Discussion Papers 1172, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- O'Donoghue, Ted & Rabin, Matthew, 1997. "Doing It Now or Later," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7t44m5b0, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Jonathan Gruber & Botond Köszegi, 2001. "Is Addiction "Rational"? Theory And Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 116(4), pages 1261-1303, November.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Levin, Dan, 1986. "Estimating Dynamic Demand for Cigarettes Using Panel Data: The Effects of Bootlegging, Taxation and Advertising Reconsidered," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(1), pages 148-55, February.
- Keeler, Theodore E. & Hu, Teh-wei & Barnett, Paul G. & Manning, Willard G. & Sung, Hai-Yen, 1996. "Do cigarette producers price-discriminate by state? An empirical analysis of local cigarette pricing and taxation," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 499-512, August.
- Lewit, Eugene M. & Coate, Douglas, 1982.
"The potential for using excise taxes to reduce smoking,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 121-145, August.
- Eugene M. Lewit & Douglas Coate, 1983. "The Potential for Using Excise Taxes to Reduce Smoking," NBER Working Papers 0764, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wasserman, Jeffrey & Manning, Willard G. & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Winkler, John D., 1991. "The effects of excise taxes and regulations on cigarette smoking," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-64, May.
- Jonathan Gruber & Jonathan Zinman, 2000. "Youth Smoking in the U.S.: Evidence and Implications," NBER Working Papers 7780, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Coats, R. Morris, 1995. "A Note on Estimating Cross-Border Effects of State Cigarette Taxes," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 48(4), pages 573-84, December .
- William N. Evans & Jeanne S. Ringel & Diana Stech, 1999. "Tobacco Taxes and Public Policy to Discourage Smoking," NBER Chapters, in: Tax Policy and the Economy, volume 13, pages 1-56 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barnett, Paul G. & Keeler, Theodore E. & Hu, Teh-wei, 1995. "Oligopoly structure and the incidence of cigarette excise taxes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 457-470, July.
- Thursby, Jerry G. & Thursby, Marie C., 2000. "Interstate Cigarette Bootlegging: Extent, Revenue Losses, and Effects of Federal Intervention," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(n. 1), pages 59-78, March Cit.
- Ayda A. Yurekli & Ping Zhang, 2000. "The impact of clean indoor-air laws and cigarette smuggling on demand for cigarettes: an empirical model," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 159-170.
- Saba, Richard P, et al, 1995. "The Demand for Cigarette Smuggling," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(2), pages 189-202, April.
- Hanewinkel, Reiner & Isensee, Barbara, 2008. "Opinion on tobacco tax increase: Factors associated with individuals' support in Germany," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(2-3), pages 234-238, May.
- Lovenheim, Michael F., 2008.
"How Far to the Border?: The Extent and Impact of Cross-Border Casual Cigarette Smuggling,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 61(1), pages 7-33, March Cit.
- Michael F. Lovenheim, 2007. "How Far to the Border?: The Extent and Impact of Cross-Border Casual Cigarette Smuggling," Discussion Papers 06-040, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research, revised Oct 2009.
- Austan Goolsbee & Michael F. Lovenheim & Joel Slemrod, 2010.
"Playing with Fire: Cigarettes, Taxes, and Competition from the Internet,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 131-54, February.
- Austan Goolsbee & Joel Slemrod, 2007. "Playing with Fire: Cigarettes, Taxes and Competition from the Internet," Discussion Papers 07-002, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Austan Goolsbee & Michael Lovenheim & Joel B. Slemrod, 2009. "Playing With Fire: Cigarettes, Taxes and Competition From the Internet," NBER Working Papers 15612, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Leicester & Peter Levell, 2013. "Anti-smoking policies and smoker well-being: evidence from Britain," IFS Working Papers W13/13, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Chiou, Lesley & Muehlegger, Erich, 2008. "Crossing the Line: The Effect of Cross Border Cigarette Sales on State Excise Tax Revenues," Working Paper Series rwp08-012, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Courtemanche, Charles, 2009. "Rising cigarette prices and rising obesity: Coincidence or unintended consequence?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 781-798, July.
- Lovenheim, Michael F. & Slemrod, Joel, 2010. "The fatal toll of driving to drink: The effect of minimum legal drinking age evasion on traffic fatalities," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 62-77, January.
- Timothy K.M. Beatty & Erling Røed Larsen & Dag Einar Sommervoll, 2007.
"Driven to Drink. Sin Taxes Near a Border,"
507, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Reiner Hanewinkel & Christian Radden & Tobias Rosenkranz, 2008. "Price increase causes fewer sales of factory-made cigarettes and higher sales of cheaper loose tobacco in Germany," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 683-693.
- Chiou, Lesley & Muehlegger, Eric, 2010.
"Consumer Response to Cigarette Excise Tax Changes,"
Working Paper Series
rwp10-020, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Claudio Agostini, 2010. "Tributación a Los Cigarrillos: Análisis y Propuestas," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv246, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.