Health care expenditure in the last months of life
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (2000)
Issue (Month): 5 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1988.
" The Value of Changes in Life Expectancy,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 285-304, September.
- Sherwin Rosen, . "The Value of Changes in Life Expectancy," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 87-14, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Johansson, Per-Olov, 1996. "On the value of changes in life expectancy," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 105-113, February.
- Peter Zweifel & Stefan Felder & Markus Meiers, 1999. "Ageing of population and health care expenditure: a red herring?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(6), pages 485-496.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1992. "Medical Care Costs: How Much Welfare Loss?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-21, Summer.
- Donald S. Shepard & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1984. "Survival versus Consumption," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(4), pages 423-439, April.
- Jones-Lee, M W & Hammerton, M & Philips, P R, 1985. "The Value of Safety: Results of a National Sample Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(377), pages 49-72, March.
- Felder, Stefan, 1997. "Costs of dying: alternatives to rationing," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 167-176, February.
- Arthur, W B, 1981. "The Economics of Risks to Life," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(1), pages 54-64, March.
- Stefan Felder, 2013. "The Impact of Demographic Change on Healthcare Expenditure," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 11(1), pages 03-06, 04.
- Stefan Felder, 2006. "Lebenserwartung, medizinischer Fortschritt und Gesundheitsausgaben: Theorie und Empirie," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 7(s1), pages 49-73, 05.
- Sharma, Rajiv & Stano, Miron, 2010. "Implications of an economic model of health states worse than dead," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 536-540, July.
- Felder, Stefan & Werblow, Andreas & Zweifel, Peter, 2010.
"Do red herrings swim in circles? Controlling for the endogeneity of time to death,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 205-212, March.
- Stefan Felder & Andreas Werblow & Peter Zweifel, 2008. "Do Red Herrings Swim in Circles? – Controlling for the Endogeneity of Time to Death," Ruhr Economic Papers 0073, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Moorin, Rachael Elizabeth & Holman, Cashel D'Arcy James, 2008. "The cost of in-patient care in Western Australia in the last years of life: A population-based data linkage study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 380-390, March.
- Emi Sato & Kiyohide Fushimi, 2009. "What has influenced patient health-care expenditures in Japan?: variables of age, death, length of stay, and medical care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(7), pages 843-853.
- Sally C. Stearns & Edward C. Norton, 2004. "Time to include time to death? The future of health care expenditure predictions," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 315-327.
- Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2009. "Population ageing and its implications on aggregate health care demand: empirical evidence from 22 OECD countries," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 391-402, December.
- Friedrich Breyer & Stefan Felder, 2004.
"Life Expectancy and Health Care Expenditures: A New Calculation for Germany Using the Costs of Dying,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
452, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Breyer, Friedrich & Felder, Stefan, 2006. "Life expectancy and health care expenditures: A new calculation for Germany using the costs of dying," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 178-186, January.
- France Weaver & Sally C. Stearns & Edward C. Norton & William Spector, 2009. "Proximity to death and participation in the long-term care market," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(8), pages 867-883.
- Stefan Felder & Peter Zweifel & Andreas Werblow, 2006. "Population Ageing and Health Care Expenditure: Is Long-term Care Different?," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 142(V), pages 43-48.
- Friedrich Breyer & Stefan Felder, 2002.
"The Dead-anyway Effect Revis(it)ed,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
805, CESifo Group Munich.
- Chakroun, Mohamed, 2009. "Health care expenditure and GDP: An international panel smooth transition approach," MPRA Paper 14322, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicholas Apergis & Puja Padhi, 2013. "Health expenses and economic growth: convergence dynamics across the Indian States," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 261-277, December.
- Albert A. Okunade & Chutima Suraratdecha & David A. Benson, 2010. "Determinants of Thailand household healthcare expenditure: the relevance of permanent resources and other correlates," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 365-376.
- Thomas Bjørner & Søren Arnberg, 2012. "Terminal costs, improved life expectancy and future public health expenditure," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 129-143, June.
- Amir Shmueli & David Messika & Irit Zmora & Bernice Oberman, 2010. "Health care costs during the last 12 months of life in Israel: estimation and implications for risk-adjustment," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 257-273, September.
- Andreas Werblow & Stefan Felder & Peter Zweifel, 2007. "Population ageing and health care expenditure: a school of 'red herrings'?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(10), pages 1109-1126.
- Julien Hugonnier & Florian Pelgrin & Pascal St-Amour, 2010. "A structural analysis of the health expenditures and portfolio choices of retired agents," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 10-29, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Oliver Reich & Cornelia Weins & Claudia Schusterschitz & Magdalena Thöni, 2012. "Exploring the disparities of regional health care expenditures in Switzerland: some empirical evidence," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 193-202, April.
- Stefan Felder, 2006. "The gender longevity gap: explaining the difference between singles and couples," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 543-557, July.
- Pierre-Yves Crémieux & Pierre Ouellette & Patrick Petit, 2007. "Do Drugs Reduce Utilisation of Other Healthcare Resources?," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 209-221, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.