A model of physician behaviour with demand inducement
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1989. "Imperfect information in the product market," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 13, pages 769-847 Elsevier.
- Labelle, Roberta & Stoddart, Greg & Rice, Thomas, 1994. "A re-examination of the meaning and importance of supplier-induced demand," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 347-368, October.
- Sugden, Robert, 1982. "On the Economics of Philanthropy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(366), pages 341-50, June.
- Rochaix, Lise, 1989. "Information asymmetry and search in the market for physicians' services," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 53-84, March.
- Cowling, Keith & Mueller, Dennis C, 1978. "The Social Costs of Monopoly Power," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(352), pages 727-48, December.
- Gary S. Becker & Nigel Tomes, 1976.
"Child Endowments, and the Quantity and Quality of Children,"
NBER Working Papers
0123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Becker, Gary S & Tomes, Nigel, 1976. "Child Endowments and the Quantity and Quality of Children," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages S143-62, August.
- Dranove, David, 1988. "Demand Inducement and the Physician/Patient Relationship," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(2), pages 281-98, April.
- Reinhardt, Uwe E., 1985. "The theory of physician-induced demand reflections after a decade," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 187-193, June.
- Miron Stano, 1987. "A Clarification of Theories and Evidence on Supplier-Induced Demand for Physicians' Services," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 22(4), pages 311-620.
- Hoerger, Thomas J., 1990. "Two-part pricing and the mark-ups charged by primary care physicians for new and established patient visits," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 399-417, February.
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1.
- W. David Bradford & Robert E. Martin, 1995. "Supplier-Induced Demand and Quality Competition: An Empirical Investigation," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 21(4), pages 491-503, Fall.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- Taylor, Curtis R, 1995. "The Economics of Breakdowns, Checkups, and Cures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(1), pages 53-74, February.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- K. K. Lancaster, 2010. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1385, David K. Levine.
- Pitchik, Carolyn & Schotter, Andrew, 1987. "Honesty in a Model of Strategic Information Transmission," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 1032-36, December.
- Grytten, Jostein & Carlsen, Fredrik & Sorensen, Rune, 1995. "Supplier inducement in a public health care system," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 207-229, June.
- Kris De Jaegher & Marc Jegers, 2001. "The physician-patient relationship as a game of strategic information transmission," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(7), pages 651-668.
- Heike Hennig-Schmidt & Reinhard Selten & Daniel Wiesen, 2011.
"How Payment Systems Affect Physicians' Provision Behaviour – An Experimental Investigation,"
Bonn Econ Discussion Papers
bgse03_2011, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Hennig-Schmidt, Heike & Selten, Reinhard & Wiesen, Daniel, 2011. "How payment systems affect physicians' provision behaviour--An experimental investigation," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 637-646, July.
- Heike Hennig-Schmidt & Reinhard Selten & Daniel Wiesen, 2009. "How Payment Systems Affect Physicians´ Provision Behaviour – An Experimental Investigation," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse29_2009, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Philippe Batifoulier & Nicolas Da Silva, 2014. "The economic behaviour of doctors: medical altruism without an ethic?," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-9, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Bernard Fortin & Nicolas Jacquemet & Bruce Shearer, 2008.
"Policy Analysis in the health-services market: accounting for quality and quantity,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Bernard Fortin & Nicolas Jacquemet & Bruce Shearer, 2008. "Policy Analysis in the Health-Services Market: Accounting for Quality and Quantity," Cahiers de recherche 0807, CIRPEE.
- F. Barigozzi & R. Levaggi, 2005. "New Developments in Physician Agency: the Role of Patient Information," Working Papers 550, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Maurus Rischatsch & Maria Trottmann & Peter Zweifel, 2013. "Generic substitution, financial interests, and imperfect agency," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 115-138, June.
- Maurus Rischatsch & Maria Trottmann, 2009. "Physician dispensing and the choice between generic and brand-name drugs – Do margins affect choice?," SOI - Working Papers 0911, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Leo Turcotte & John Robst & Solomon Polachek, 2005. "Medicaid Coverage and Medical Interventions During Pregnancy," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 255-271, September.
- Kyna Fong, 2007. "Evaluating Skilled Experts: Optimal Scoring Rules for Surgeons," Discussion Papers 07-043, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Bernard Fortin & Nicolas Jacquemet & Bruce Shearer, 2008. "Policy Analysis in the health-services market: accounting for quality and quantity," Post-Print halshs-00305309, HAL.
- Leo Turcotte & John Robst & Solomon Polachek, 2006.
"Medical interventions among pregnant women in fee-for-service and managed care insurance: a propensity score analysis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(13), pages 1513-1525.
- Turcotte, Leo & Robst, John & Polachek, Solomon, 2005. "Medical Interventions among Pregnant Women in Fee-for-Service and Managed Care Insurance: A Propensity Score Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 1803, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marcello Montefiori, 2008. "Information vs advertising in the market for hospital care," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 145-162, September.
- Gabrielle Wanzenried & Sandra Nocera, 2008. "The Evolution of Physician Density in Switzerland," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(II), pages 247-282, June.
- Barigozzi, Francesca & Levaggi, Rosella, 2008. "Emotions in physician agency," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 1-14, October.
- Sandra Nocera & Gabrielle Wanzenried, 2002. "On the Dynamics of Physician Density; Theory and Empirical Evidence for Switzerland," Diskussionsschriften dp0208, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Philippe Batifoulier, 2014. "De l’aléa moral du patient aux inégalités d’accès aux soins," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-7, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Brekke, Kjell Arne & Nyborg, Karine, 2010.
"Selfish bakers, caring nurses? A model of work motivation,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 377-394, September.
- Nyborg, Karine & Brekke, Kjell Arne, 2009. "Selfish Bakers, Caring Nurses? A Model of Work Motivation," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2008:1, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Sisira Sarma & Wayne Simpson, 2006. "A microeconometric analysis of Canadian health care utilization," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 219-239.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.