Addiction and discounting1
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 18 (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Hamilton, Stephen F. & Pofahl, Geoffrey M., 2010.
"Obesity and Hyperbolic Discounting: An Experimental Analysis,"
2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado
61186, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Hamilton, Stephen F., 2012. "Obesity and Hyperbolic Discounting: An Experimental Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(2), August.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Hamilton, Stephen F. & Pofahl, Geoffrey M., 2010. "Obesity And Hyperbolic Discounting: An Experimental Analysis," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116410, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Cairns, John, 2006. "Developments in discounting: With special reference to future health events," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 282-297, August.
- Lurås, Hilde, 2009. "A healthy lifestyle: The product of opportunities and preferences," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2001:11, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- de La Bruslerie, Hubert, 2009. "Term structure of psychological interest rates: A behavioural test," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/3033, Paris Dauphine University.
- Booij, Adam S. & van Praag, Bernard M.S., 2009. "A simultaneous approach to the estimation of risk aversion and the subjective time discount rate," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 70(1-2), pages 374-388, May.
- Anne Bretteville-Jensen, 2006. "Drug Demand – Initiation, Continuation and Quitting," De Economist, Springer, vol. 154(4), pages 491-516, December.
- Hubert De La Bruslerie & Florent Pratlong, 2012. "La valeur psychologique du temps : Une synthèse de la littérature," Post-Print halshs-00636357, HAL.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Patterson, Paul M. & Tegene, Abebayehu, 2004.
"Obesity and Nutrient Consumption: A Rational Addiction?,"
28539, Arizona State University, Morrison School of Agribusiness and Resource Management.
- Timothy J. Richards & Paul M. Patterson & Abebayehu Tegene, 2007. "Obesity And Nutrient Consumption: A Rational Addiction?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(3), pages 309-324, 07.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Patterson, Paul M. & Tegene, Abebayehu, 2004. "Obesity And Nutrient Consumption: A Rational Addiction?," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20079, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Finke, Michael S. & Huston, Sandra J., 2013. "Time preference and the importance of saving for retirement," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 23-34.
- Sophie Massin, 2011. "La notion d'addiction en économie : La théorie du choix rationnel à l'épreuve," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 121(5), pages 713-750.
- Dahal, Arati & Fertig, Angela, 2013. "An econometric assessment of the effect of mental illness on household spending behavior," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 18-33.
- Been-Lon Chen & Yu-Shan Hsu & Chia-Hui Lu, 2011. "Friedman meets Becker and Mulligan in a monetary neoclassical growth model," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 104(2), pages 99-126, October.
- Blondel, Serge & Loheac, Youenn & Rinaudo, Stephane, 2007. "Rationality and drug use: An experimental approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 643-658, May.
- Grignon, Michel, 2009. "An empirical investigation of heterogeneity in time preferences and smoking behaviors," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 739-751, October.
- Jofre-Bonet, Mireia & Petry, Nancy M., 2008. "Trading apples for oranges?: Results of an experiment on the effects of Heroin and Cocaine price changes on addicts' polydrug use," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 281-311, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.