Workplace performance effects from chronic depression and its treatment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 17 (1998)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Bound & Michael Schoenbaum & Timothy Waidmann, 1996. "Race Differences in Labor Force Attachment and Disability Status," NBER Working Papers 5536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1986. "Economic data issues," Handbook of Econometrics, in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 25, pages 1465-1514 Elsevier.
- Susan L. Ettner & Richard G. Frank & Ronald C. Kessler, 1997. "The Impact of psychiatric disorders on labor market outcomes," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 51(1), pages 64-81, October.
- Susan L. Ettner & Richard G. Frank & Ronald C. Kessler, 1997. "The Impact of Psychiatric Disorders on Labor Market Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 5989, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Frank & Paul Gertler, 1991. "An Assessment of Measurement Error Bias for Estimating the Effect of Mental Distress on Income," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(1), pages 154-164.
- Clark, Andrew E & Oswald, Andrew J, 1994. "Unhappiness and Unemployment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 648-59, May.
- Card, David, 1996. "The Effect of Unions on the Structure of Wages: A Longitudinal Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 957-79, July.
- Pinka Chatterji & Margarita Alegr�a & Mingshan Lu & David Takeuchi, 2007.
"Psychiatric disorders and labor market outcomes: evidence from the National Latino and Asian American Study,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(10), pages 1069-1090.
- Pinka Chatterji & Margarita Alegria & Mingshan Lu & David Takeuchi, 2005. "Psychiatric Disorders and Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from the National Latino and Asian American Study," NBER Working Papers 11893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Drusilla K. Brown & Thomas Downes & Karen Eggleston & Ratna Kumari, 2006. "Human Resource Management Technology Diffusion Through Global Supply Chains: Productivity and Workplace Based Health Care," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0616, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Craig L. Garthwaite, 2012. "The Economic Benefits of Pharmaceutical Innovations: The Case of Cox-2 Inhibitors," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 116-37, July.
- Tefft, Nathan, 2012. "Mental health and employment: The SAD story," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 242-255.
- Daysal, N. Meltem & Orsini, Chiara, 2014.
"The Miracle Drugs: Hormone Replacement Therapy and Labor Market Behavior of Middle-Aged Women,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7993, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daysal, N. Meltem & Orsini, C., 2012. "The Miracle Drug: Hormone Replacement Therapy and Labor Market Behavior of Middle-Aged Women," Discussion Paper 2012-026, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Pinka Chatterji & Margarita Alegria & David Takeuchi, 2009. "Racial/Ethnic Differences in the Effects of Psychiatric Disorders on Employment," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 37(3), pages 243-257, September.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Anupa Bir & Susan H. Busch & Richard G. Frank & Sharon-Lise T. Normand, 2000. "The Medical Treatment of Depression, 1991-1996: Productive Inefficiency, Expected Outcome Variations, and Price Indexes," NBER Working Papers 7816, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joan Costa-Font & Joan Gil, 2008. "Would Socio-Economic Inequalities in Depression Fade Away with Income Transfers?," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 539-558, December.
- Jason M. Fletcher, 2008. "Adolescent depression: diagnosis, treatment, and educational attainment," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(11), pages 1215-1235.
- Mark G. Duggan, 2003. "Does Medicaid Pay Too Much for Prescription Drugs? A Case Study of Atypical Anti-Psychotics," NBER Working Papers 9626, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jason Fletcher, 2013.
"Adolescent Depression and Adult Labor Market Outcomes,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 26-49, July.
- Jason M. Fletcher, 2012. "Adolescent Depression and Adult Labor Market Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 18216, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pinka Chatterji & Margarita Alegria & David Takeuchi, 2008.
"Psychiatric Disorders and Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from the National Comorbidity Survey - Replication,"
NBER Working Papers
14404, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chatterji, Pinka & Alegria, Margarita & Takeuchi, David, 2011. "Psychiatric disorders and labor market outcomes: Evidence from the National Comorbidity Survey-Replication," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 858-868.
- Frederick J. Zimmerman & Wayne Katon, 2005. "Socioeconomic status, depression disparities, and financial strain: what lies behind the income-depression relationship?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(12), pages 1197-1215.
- Souvik Banerjee & Pinka Chatterji & Kajal Lahiri, 2013. "Effects of Psychiatric Disorders on Labor Market Outcomes: A Latent Variable Approach Using Multiple clinical Indicators," CESifo Working Paper Series 4260, CESifo Group Munich.
- Julie Donohue & Harold Pincus, 2007. "Reducing the Societal Burden of Depression," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 7-24, January.
- Maclean, Johanna Catherine, 2013. "The health effects of leaving school in a bad economy," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 951-964.
- Ernst R.Berndt, 2000. "On the economic impacts of medical treatments: work productivity and functioning," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 27(2 Year 20), pages 181-198, December.
- Kelly Noonan & Hope Corman & Nancy E. Reichman, 2014. "Effects of Maternal Depression on Family Food Insecurity," NBER Working Papers 20113, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.