AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 16 (1997)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anand, Sudhir & Hanson, Kara, 1997. "Disability-adjusted life years: a critical review," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 685-702, December.
- Sudhir Anand and Amartya Sen, 1994. "Sustainable Human Development: Concepts and Priorities," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-1994-03, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Nord, Erik, 1992. "Methods for quality adjustment of life years," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 559-569, March.
- Nord, Erik, 1993. "Unjustified use of the quality of well-being scale in priority setting in Oregon," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 45-53, April.
- Antonio Ugalde & Jeffrey T. Jackson, 1995. "The world bank and international health policy: A critical review," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(3), pages 525-541, 05.
- Stephen Wright, 1985. "Subjective evaluation of health: A theoretical review," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 169-179, February.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Aydede, Sema K & Portney, Paul R, 1994. "Preferences for Life Saving Programs: How the Public Discounts Time and Age," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 243-65, May.
- Barr, Nicholas, 1992. "Economic Theory and the Welfare State: A Survey and Interpretation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 741-803, June.
- Olsen, Jan Abel, 1993. "On what basis should health be discounted?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 39-53, April.
- Elamin H. Elbasha, 2000. "Discrete time representation of the formula for calculating DALYs," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(4), pages 353-365.
- Mæstad, Ottar & Norheim, Ole Frithjof, 2012. "A universal preference for equality in health? Reasons to reconsider properties of applied social welfare functions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(10), pages 1836-1843.
- Kimberly M. Thompson, 2002. "Data Requirements for Valuation of Children’s Health Effects and Alternatives to Valuation," NCEE Working Paper Series 200206, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Sep 2002.
- Edward C. Mansley & Elamin H. Elbasha, 2003. "Preferences and person trade-offs: forcing consistency or inconsistency in health-related quality of life measures?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 187-198.
- Armando Barrientos, 2002. "Old age, poverty and social investment," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(8), pages 1133-1141.
- Mitchell, Shannon K., 2004. "Death, Disability, Displaced Persons and Development: The Case of Landmines in Bosnia and Herzegovina," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2105-2120, December.
- Kuhn, Michael & Wrzaczek, Stefan & Oeppen, Jim, 2010. "Recognizing progeny in the value of life," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 17-21, April.
- Bloom, Gerald, 2001. "Equity in health in unequal societies: meeting health needs in contexts of social change," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 205-224, September.
- Ito, Banri & Yamagata, Tatsufumi, 2005.
"Who Develops Innovations in Medicine for the Poor? Trends in Patent Applications Related to Medicines for HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria and Neglected Diseases,"
IDE Discussion Papers
24, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Banri ITO & Tatsufumi YAMAGATA, 2007. "Who Develops Innovations In Medicine For The Poor? Trends In Patent Applications Related To Medicines For Hiv/Aids, Tuberculosis, Malaria, And Neglected Diseases," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 45(2), pages 141-171.
- Adhikari, Bishwa B. & Angulo, Frederick & Meltzer, Martin, 2004. "Economic Burden Of Salmonella Infections In The United States," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20050, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Marcello Basili & Filippo Belloc, 2012. "How to Measure the Economic Impact of Vector-Borne Diseases at a Country Level: An Assessment," Department of Economics University of Siena 648, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Mara Airoldi & Alec Morton, 2009. "Adjusting life for quality or disability: stylistic difference or substantial dispute?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(11), pages 1237-1247.
- Barrientos, Armando & Gorman, Mark & Heslop, Amanda, 2003. "Old Age Poverty in Developing Countries: Contributions and Dependence in Later Life," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 555-570, March.
- Skordis, Jolene & Nattrass, Nicoli, 2002. "Paying to waste lives: the affordability of reducing mother-to-child transmission of HIV in South Africa," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 405-421, May.
- Erik Nord, 2001. "The desirability of a condition versus the well being and worth of a person," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(7), pages 579-581.
- Carl Lyttkens, 2003. "Time to disable DALYs?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 195-202, September.
- Miller, Richard D. & Frech, Ted, 2002. "The Productivity of Health Care and Pharmaceuticals: Quality of Life, Cause," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt4b55f1xp, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Paul Dolan & Rebecca Shaw & Aki Tsuchiya & Alan Williams, 2005. "QALY maximisation and people's preferences: a methodological review of the literature," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 197-208.
- Eva Rodr�guez & José Luis Pinto, 2000. "The social value of health programmes: is age a relevant factor?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(7), pages 611-621.
- Marie-Josée J. Mangen & G. Ardine de Wit & Arie H. Havelaar, 2007. "Economic analysis of Campylobacter control in the dutch broiler meat chain," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 173-192.
- J.-M. Graf v. d. Schulenburg & Christoph Vauth, 2007. "Nach welchen ökonomischen Methoden sollten Gesundheitsleistungen in Deutschland evaluiert werden?," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 227(5+6), pages 787-805, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.