Welfare loss from variations: further considerations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 14 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Keeler, Emmett B. & Rolph, John E., 1988. "The demand for episodes of treatment in the health insurance experiment," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 337-367, December.
- Dranove, David, 1988. "Demand Inducement and the Physician/Patient Relationship," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(2), pages 281-98, April.
- Charles E. Phelps, 1992. "Diffusion of Information in Medical Care," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 23-42, Summer.
- Folland, Sherman & Stano, Miron, 1989. "Sources of small area variations in the use of medical care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 85-107, March.
- Fuchs, Victor R., 1986. "Physician-induced demand: A parable," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 367-367, December.
- Boardman, Anthony E. & Dowd, Bryan & Eisenberg, John M. & Williams, Sankey V., 1983. "A model of physicians' practice attributes determination," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 259-268, December.
- Dranove, David, 1995. "A problem with consumer surplus measures of the cost of practice variations," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 243-251, June.
- Abe C. Dunn & Adam Shapiro & Eli Liebman, 2011. "Geographic Variation in Commercial Medical Care Expenditures: A Decomposition Between Price and Utilization," BEA Working Papers 0075, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Stargardt, Tom & Schreyögg, Jonas, 2012. "A framework to evaluate the effects of small area variations in healthcare infrastructure on diagnostics and patient outcomes of rare diseases based on administrative data," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 110-118.
- Mickael Bech & Jørgen Lauridsen, 2009. "Exploring spatial patterns in general practice expenditure," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 243-254, July.
- Bech, Mickael & Lauridsen, Jørgen, 2008. "Exploring the spatial pattern in hospital admissions," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 50-62, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.