What do stochastic frontier cost functions tell us about inefficiency?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 13 (1994)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Niccie L. McKay & Mary E. Deily, 2008. "Cost inefficiency and hospital health outcomes," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(7), pages 833-848.
- Antonio Giuffrida & Hugh Gravelle & Matthew Sutton, .
"Efficiency and Administrative Costs in Primary Care,"
99/27, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Giuffrida, Antonio & Gravelle, Hugh & Sutton, Matthew, 2000. "Efficiency and administrative costs in primary care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 983-1006, November.
- Koop, Gary & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F. J., 1997.
"Bayesian efficiency analysis through individual effects: Hospital cost frontiers,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 77-105.
- Koop, G. & Osiewalski, J. & Steel, M. F. J., . "Bayesian efficiency analysis through individual effects: Hospital cost frontiers," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1245, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- KOOP , Gary & OSIEWALSKI , Jacek & STEEL , Mark, 1995. "Bayesian Efficiency Analysis through Individual Effects : Hospital Cost Frontiers," CORE Discussion Papers 1995036, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Diego Lunati, 2008.
"Economies of Scale and Efficiency Measurement in Switzerland's Nursing Homes,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(III), pages 359-378, September.
- Medhi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Diego Lunati, 2008. "Economies of scale and efficiency measurement in Switzerland's Nursing homes," Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano 0801, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Lindrooth, Richard C. & Lo Sasso, Anthony T. & Bazzoli, Gloria J., 2003. "The effect of urban hospital closure on markets," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 691-712, September.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2005.
"On Measuring Aggregate "Social Efficiency.","
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(2), pages 273-92, January.
- Beatriz Gonzalez Lopez-Valcarcel & Patricia Barber Perez, 1996. "Changes in the efficiency of spanish public hospitals after the introduction of program-contracts," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 20(3), pages 377-402, September.
- Medhi Farsi & Massimo Filippini, 2006.
"Effects of ownership, subsidization and teaching activities on hospital costs in Switzerland,"
Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano
0606, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini, 2008. "Effects of ownership, subsidization and teaching activities on hospital costs in Switzerland," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 335-350.
- Sauer, J.F., 2005. "“Efficiency Flooding”: Black-Box Frontiers and Policy Implications," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 2(1), pages 17-52.
- Rowena Jacobs, 2000. "Alternative methods to examine hospital efficiency: Data Envelopment Analysis and Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Working Papers 177chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Productivity Commission, 2009. "Public and Private Hospitals," Research Reports, Productivity Commission, Government of Australia, number 37.
- Ciliberto, Federico & Lindrooth, Richard, 2007.
"Exit from the Hospital Industry,"
24917, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew Worthington, 1999. "An Empirical Survey Of Frontier Efficiency Measurement Techniques In Healthcare Services," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 067, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Nils Gutacker & Chris Bojke & Silvio Daidone & Nancy J. Devlin & David Parkin & Andrew Street, 2013.
"Truly Inefficient Or Providing Better Quality Of Care? Analysing The Relationship Between Risk‐Adjusted Hospital Costs And Patients' Health Outcomes,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(8), pages 931-947, 08.
- Nils Gutacker & Chris Bojke & Silvio Daidone & Nancy Devlin & David Parkin & Andrew Street, 2011. "Truly inefficient or providing better quality of care? Analysing the relationship between riskadjusted hospital costs and patients’ health outcomes," Working Papers 068cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Gannon, Brenda, 2004. "Technical Efficiency of Hospitals in Ireland," Papers HRBWP18, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Martijn Ludwig & Frits Merode & Wim Groot, 2010. "Principal agent relationships and the efficiency of hospitals," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 291-304, June.
- Alexander S. Preker & Xingzhu Liu & Edit V. Velenyi & Enis Baris, 2007. "Public Ends, Private Means : Strategic Purchasing of Health Services," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6683, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.