Adverse selection with a multiple choice among health insurance plans: A simulation analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 11 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alejandro Arrieta & Ariadna García Prado & Giota Panopoulou, 2012. "Enrolling the Self-Employed in Mandatory Health Insurance in Colombia: are we missing other factors?," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de EconomÃa - Universidad PÃºblica de Navarra 1213, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Alan C. Monheit & Thomas M. Selden, 2000. "Cross-subsidization in the market for employment-related health insurance," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(8), pages 699-714.
- Zabinski, Daniel & Selden, Thomas M. & Moeller, John F. & Banthin, Jessica S., 1999. "Medical savings accounts: microsimulation results from a model with adverse selection," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 195-218, April.
- Brian Nolan, 1994. "Affordability versus Quality, Effectiveness and Equity in Health Care: Is there a Trade-Off?," Papers WP055, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Ettner, Susan L., 1997. "Adverse selection and the purchase of Medigap insurance by the elderly," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 543-562, October.
- Laurence C. Baker & Kenneth S. Corts, 1995. "The Effects of HMOs on Conventional Insurance Premiums: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5356, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bakker, F. M. & van Vliet, R. C. J. A., 1995. "The introduction of deductibles for prescription drugs in a national health insurance: compulsory or voluntary?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 53-65, January.
- Andreas Million & Regina T. Riphahn & Achim Wambach, 2003. "Incentive effects in the demand for health care: a bivariate panel count data estimation," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 387-405.
- Neudeck, Werner & Podczeck, Konrad, 1996. "Adverse selection and regulation in health insurance markets," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 387-408, August.
- Agnès Couffinhal, 2000. "De l'antisélection à la sélection en assurance santé : pour un changement de perspective," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 142(1), pages 101-121.
- Finkelstein, Amy, 2004. "The interaction of partial public insurance programs and residual private insurance markets: evidence from the US Medicare program," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Musgrove, Philip, 1995. "Cost-effectiveness and the socialization of health care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 111-123.
- Ricardo Sanhueza & Jaime Ruiz-Tagle, 2002. "Choosing Health Insurance in a Dual Health Care System: The Chilean Case," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 157-184, May.
- Sukumar Vellakkal, 2010. "Adverse Selection and Private Health Insurance Coverage in India A Rational Behaviour Model of Insurance Agents under Asymmetric Information," Working Papers id:2690, eSocialSciences.
- Belli, Paolo, 2001. "How adverse selection affects the health insurance market," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2574, The World Bank.
- van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & van Vliet, ReneC. J. A., 1995. "Consumer information surplus and adverse selection in competitive health insurance markets: An empirical study," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 149-169, June.
- Amy Finkelstein, 2002. "The Interaction of Partial Public Insurance Programs and Residual Private Insurance Markets: Evidence from the U.S. Medicare Program," NBER Working Papers 9031, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stéphane Jacobzone, 1997. "Systèmes mixtes d'assurance maladie, équité, gestion du risque et maîtrise des coûts," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 129(3), pages 189-205.
- Sukumar Vellakkal, 2009. "Adverse Selection and Private Health Insurance Coverage in India - A Rational Behaviour Model of Insurance Agents under Asymmetric Information," Microeconomics Working Papers 22270, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.