Public distribution of food in India : Coverage, targeting and leakages
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Food Policy.
Volume (Year): 18 (1993)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bhaskar Dutta & Bharat Ramaswami, 2002.
"Reforming food subsidy scheme: Estimating the gains from self-targetting in India,"
Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers
02-09, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Bhaskar Dutta & Bharat Ramaswami, 2004. "Reforming Food Subsidy Schemes: Estimating the Gains from Self-targeting in India," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 309-324, 05.
- Dorosh, Paul A., 2001. "Trade Liberalization and National Food Security: Rice Trade between Bangladesh and India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 673-689, April.
- Dev, S. Mahendra & Ravi, C. & Viswanathan, Brinda & Gulati, Ashok & Ramachander, Sangamitra, 2004. "Economic liberalisation targeted programmes and household food security," MTID discussion papers 68, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2002.
"The Political Economy Of Government Responsiveness: Theory And Evidence From India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 117(4), pages 1415-1451, November.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Burgess, Robin, 2001. "The Political Economy of Government Responsiveness: Theory and Evidence from India," CEPR Discussion Papers 2721, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2000. "The Political Economy of Government Responsiveness: Theory and Evidence from India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 28, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Umali-Deininger, Dina L. & Deininger, Klaus W., 2001. "Towards greater food security for India's poor: balancing government intervention and private competition," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 321-335, September.
- World Bank, 2001. "India - Improving Household Food and Nutrition Security : Achievements and the Challenges Ahead, Volume 1. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15516, The World Bank.
- Zhou, Zhangyue & Wan, Guanghua, 2006. "The Public Distribution Systems of Foodgrains and Implications for Food Security: A Comparison of the Experiences of India and China," Working Paper Series RP2006/98, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- World Bank, 2002. "Poverty in Bangladesh : Building on Progress," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15303, The World Bank.
- Coady, David P., 2004. "Designing and evaluating social safety nets," FCND discussion papers 172, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.