Public distribution of food in India : Coverage, targeting and leakages
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Food Policy.
Volume (Year): 18 (1993)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bhaskar Dutta & Bharat Ramaswami, 2002.
"Reforming food subsidy scheme: Estimating the gains from self-targetting in India,"
Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers
02-09, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Bhaskar Dutta & Bharat Ramaswami, 2004. "Reforming Food Subsidy Schemes: Estimating the Gains from Self-targeting in India," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 309-324, 05.
- World Bank, 2002. "Poverty in Bangladesh : Building on Progress," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15303, The World Bank.
- Coady, David P., 2004. "Designing and evaluating social safety nets," FCND discussion papers 172, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Zhou, Zhangyue & Wan, Guanghua, 2006. "The Public Distribution Systems of Foodgrains and Implications for Food Security: A Comparison of the Experiences of India and China," Working Paper Series RP2006/98, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jha, Shikha & Srinivasan, P.V., 1999. "Grain price stabilization in India: Evaluation of policy alternatives," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 21(1), August.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2002.
"The Political Economy Of Government Responsiveness: Theory And Evidence From India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 117(4), pages 1415-1451, November.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2000. "The political economy of government responsiveness: theory and evidence from India," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2308, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2000. "The Political Economy of Government Responsiveness: Theory and Evidence from India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 28, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Burgess, Robin, 2001. "The Political Economy of Government Responsiveness: Theory and Evidence from India," CEPR Discussion Papers 2721, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Umali-Deininger, Dina L. & Deininger, Klaus W., 2001. "Towards greater food security for India's poor: balancing government intervention and private competition," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 321-335, September.
- Mehta, Aashish & Jha, Shikha, 2014. "Pilferage from opaque food subsidy programs: Theory and evidence," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 69-79.
- Dorosh, Paul A., 2001. "Trade Liberalization and National Food Security: Rice Trade between Bangladesh and India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 673-689, April.
- Jos Mooij, 1999. "Food policy in India: the importance of electoral politics in policy implementation," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 625-636.
- Andaleeb Rahman, 2014. "Revival of rural PDS: Expansion and outreach," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2014-012, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Ramaswami, B. & Balakrishnan, P., 2002. "Food prices and the efficiency of public intervention: the case of the public distribution system in India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5-6), pages 419-436.
- Mahendran, A., 2013. "A Case on Problems in Quality and Reasons in Rice -Under the Scheme of UPDS in Tamil Nadu," Asian Journal of Agriculture and rural Development, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(4), pages 169-175, April.
- Tarozzi, Alessandro, 2005. "The Indian Public Distribution System as provider of food security: Evidence from child nutrition in Andhra Pradesh," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(5), pages 1305-1330, July.
- World Bank, 2001. "India - Improving Household Food and Nutrition Security : Achievements and the Challenges Ahead, Volume 1. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15516, The World Bank.
- Mehta, Aashish & Jha, Shikha & Quising, Pilipinas, 2013. "Self-targeted food subsidies and voice: Evidence from the Philippines," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 204-217.
- Dev, S. Mahendra & Ravi, C. & Viswanathan, Brinda & Gulati, Ashok & Ramachander, Sangamitra, 2004. "Economic liberalisation targeted programmes and household food security," MTID discussion papers 68, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lundberg, Mattias K.A. & Diskin, Patrick K., 1994. "Targeting Assistance to the Poor and Food Insecure: A Review of the Literature," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54705, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.