Stock price clustering on option expiration dates
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 78 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Skinner, Douglas J., 1989. "Options markets and stock return volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 61-78, June.
- Mark M. Carhart & Ron Kaniel & David K. Musto & Adam V. Reed, 2002. "Leaning for the Tape: Evidence of Gaming Behavior in Equity Mutual Funds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(2), pages 661-693, 04.
- Raman Kumar & Atulya Sarin & Kuldeep Shastri, 1998. "The Impact of Options Trading on the Market Quality of the Underlying Security: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 717-732, 04.
- Harris, Lawrence, 1991. "Stock Price Clustering and Discreteness," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 389-415.
- Conrad, Jennifer, 1989. " The Price Effect of Option Introduction," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 487-98, June.
- Detemple, Jerome & Jorion, Philippe, 1990. "Option listing and stock returns : An empirical analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 781-801, October.
- Marco Avellaneda & Michael Lipkin, 2003. "A market-induced mechanism for stock pinning," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(6), pages 417-425.
- Klemkosky, Robert C., 1978. "The Impact of Option Expirations on Stock Prices," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 507-518, September.
- Jeannin, M. & Iori, G. & Samuel, D., 2006.
"Modeling stock pinning,"
06/04, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Ben-David, Itzhak & Franzoni, Francesco & Landier, Augustin & Moussawi, Rabih, 2011.
"Do Hedge Funds Manipulate Stock Prices?,"
IDEI Working Papers
628, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Ben-David, Itzhak & Franzoni, Francesco & Landier, Augustin & Moussawi, Rabih, 2011. "Do Hedge Funds Manipulate Stock Prices?," TSE Working Papers 11-221, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Ben-David, Itzhak & Franzoni, Francesco & Landier, Augustin & Moussawi, Rabih, 2011. "Do Hedge Funds Manipulate Stock Prices?," Working Paper Series 2011-5, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Itzhak Ben-David & Francesco A. Franzoni & Augustin Landier & Rabih Moussawi, . "Do Hedge Funds Manipulate Stock Prices?," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 11-53, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Golez, Benjamin & Jackwerth, Jens Carsten, 2012.
"Pinning in the S&P 500 futures,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 106(3), pages 566-585.
- Benjamin Golez & Jens Carsten Jackwerth, 2010. "Pinning in the S&P 500 Futures," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2010-12, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Tālis J. Putniņš, 2012. "Market Manipulation: A Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(5), pages 952-967, December.
- Marija Corluka & Edwin O. Fischer, 2012. "Forensic Finance: Market Abuse and Price Manipulation in Security Markets on the Trail," Working Paper Series, Social and Economic Sciences 2012-04, Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, Karl-Franzens-University Graz.
- Cumming, Douglas & Johan, Sofia & Li, Dan, 2011. "Exchange trading rules and stock market liquidity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 651-671, March.
- Chung, San-Lin & Liu, Wen-Rang & Tsai, Wei-Che, 2014. "The impact of derivatives hedging on the stock market: Evidence from Taiwan’s covered warrants market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 123-133.
- McDonald, Robert L., 2013. "Contingent capital with a dual price trigger," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 230-241.
- Hu, Jianfeng, 2014. "Does option trading convey stock price information?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(3), pages 625-645.
- Sofia Johan, 2008.
"Global Market Surveillance,"
American Law and Economics Review,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 454-506.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema & Popp, Stephan & D'Rosario, Michael, 2011. "Share price clustering in Mexico," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 113-119, April.
- Agyei-Ampomah, Sam & Mazouz, Khelifa, 2011. "The comovement of option listed stocks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 2056-2069, August.
- Aitken, Michael & Cumming, Douglas & Zhan, Feng, 2013. "Exchange trading rules, surveillance and insider trading," CFS Working Paper Series 2013/15, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Suhas Nayak, 2007. "An Equilibrium-Based Model Of Stock-Pinning," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(03), pages 535-555.
- Stivers, Chris & Sun, Licheng, 2013. "Returns and option activity over the option-expiration week for S&P 100 stocks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4226-4240.
- Comerton-Forde, Carole & Putnins, Talis J., 2011. "Measuring closing price manipulation," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 135-158, April.
- Carole Comerton-Forde & Tālis Putniņš, 2011. "Pricing accuracy, liquidity and trader behavior with closing price manipulation," Experimental Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 110-131, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.