Tick size, NYSE rule 118, and ex-dividend day stock price behavior
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 72 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Murray Frank & Ravi Jagannathan, 1997.
"Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes,"
229, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Frank, Murray & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1998. "Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 161-188, February.
- Fumio Hayashi & Ravi Jagannathan, 1990.
"Ex-Day Behavior of Japanese Stock Prices: New Insights from New Methodology,"
NBER Working Papers
3421, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hayashi, Fumio & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1990. "Ex-day behavior of japanese stock prices: New insights from new methodology," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 401-427, December.
- Fumio Hayashi & Ravi Jagannathan, 1990. "Ex-day behavior of Japanese stock prices: new insights from new methodology," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 30, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Merton H. Miller & Franco Modigliani, 1961. "Dividend Policy, Growth, and the Valuation of Shares," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34, pages 411.
- Miller, Merton H & Scholes, Myron S, 1982. "Dividends and Taxes: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1118-41, December.
- Eades, Kenneth M. & Hess, Patrick J. & Kim, E. Han, 1984. "On interpreting security returns during the ex-dividend period," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 3-34, March.
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J, 1970. "Marginal Stockholder Tax Rates and the Clientele Effect," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(1), pages 68-74, February.
- Lakonishok, Josef & Vermaelen, Theo, 1986. "Tax-induced trading around ex-dividend days," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 287-319, July.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- David A. Dubofsky, 1992. "A Market Microstructure Explanation of Ex-Day Abnormal Returns," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 21(4), Winter.
- Castillo, Augusto & Jakob, Keith, 2006. "The Chilean ex-dividend day," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 105-118, September.
- Efthymiou, Vassilis A. & Leledakis, George N., 2013. "Intraday analysis of the limit order bias at the ex-dividend day of U.S. common stocks," MPRA Paper 49770, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Hung-Ling & Chow, Edward H. & Shiu, Cheng-Yi, 2013. "Ex-dividend prices and investor trades: Evidence from Taiwan," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 39-65.
- Jack Francis & Tsing Wu & Nan-Ting Kuo, 2012. "Effects of tax reform on drop-off ratios and on the ex-dividend and ex-right prices," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 147-164, August.
- William Hardin & Gow-Cheng Huang & Kartono Liano, 2012. "Dividend Size, Yield, Clienteles and REITs," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 435-449, August.
- Kadapakkam, Palani-Rajan & Martinez, Valeria, 2008. "Ex-dividend returns: The Mexican puzzle," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2453-2461, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.