Short-sellers, fundamental analysis, and stock returns
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 61 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brent, Averil & Morse, Dale & Stice, E. Kay, 1990. "Short Interest: Explanations and Tests," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 273-289, June.
- Josef Lakonishok & Robert W. Vishny & Andrei Shleifer, 1993.
"Contrarian Investment, Extrapolation, and Risk,"
NBER Working Papers
4360, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Josef Lakonishok & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1993. "Contrarian Investment, Extrapolation, and Risk," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 84, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Basu, Sanjoy, 1983. "The relationship between earnings' yield, market value and return for NYSE common stocks : Further evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 129-156, June.
- Murray Frank & Ravi Jagannathan, 1997.
"Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes,"
229, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Frank, Murray & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1998. "Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 161-188, February.
- Dechow, Patricia M. & Hutton, Amy P. & Sloan, Richard G., 1999. "An empirical assessment of the residual income valuation model1," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-3), pages 1-34, January.
- Figlewski, Stephen & Webb, Gwendolyn P, 1993. " Options, Short Sales, and Market Completeness," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(2), pages 761-77, June.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-65, June.
- Diamond, Douglas W. & Verrecchia, Robert E., 1987. "Constraints on short-selling and asset price adjustment to private information," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 277-311, June.
- Juan Carlos Hatchondo, 2005. "Asymmetric information and the lack of international portfolio diversification," Working Paper 05-07, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Diether, Karl B. & Lee, Kuan-Hui & Werner, Ingrid M., 2007. "Can Short-Sellers Predict Returns? Daily Evidence," Working Paper Series 2005-15, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Paul Asquith & Parag A. Pathak & Jay R. Ritter, 2004. "Short Interest and Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 10434, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Owen A. Lamont & Jeremy C. Stein, 2004.
"Aggregate Short Interest and Market Valuations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 29-32, May.
- Owen A. Lamont & Jeremy C. Stein, 2003. "Aggregate Short Interest and Market Valuations," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2027, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Owen A. Lamont & Jeremy C. Stein, 2004. "Aggregate Short Interest and Market Valuations," NBER Working Papers 10218, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lauren Cohen & Karl B. Diether & Christopher J. Malloy, 2007.
"Supply and Demand Shifts in the Shorting Market,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 62(5), pages 2061-2096, October.
- Louis Gagnon & Jonathan Witmer, 2009. "Short Changed? The Market's Reaction to the Short Sale Ban of 2008," Working Papers 09-23, Bank of Canada.
- Michael McKenzie & Olan T. Henry, 2007. "The Determinnts of Short Selling in the Hong Kong Equities Market," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1001, The University of Melbourne.
- Diether, Karl & Lee, Kuan Hui & Werner, Ingrid M., 2007. "It’s SHO Time! Short-Sale Price-Tests and Market Quality," Working Paper Series 2006-13, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Delisle, R. Jared & Lee, Bong Soo & Mauck, Nathan, 2012. "The dynamic relation between short sellers, option traders, and aggregate returns," MPRA Paper 42566, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.