Firm performance and focus: long-run stock market performance following spinoffs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 54 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roni Michaely & Richard H. Thaler & Kent Womack, 1994.
"Price Reactions to Dividend Initiations and Omissions: Overreaction or Drift?,"
NBER Working Papers
4778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michaely, Roni & Thaler, Richard H & Womack, Kent L, 1995. " Price Reactions to Dividend Initiations and Omissions: Overreaction or Drift?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 573-608, June.
- David Ikenberry & Josef Lakonishok & Theo Vermaelen, 1994.
"Market Underreaction to Open Market Share Repurchases,"
NBER Working Papers
4965, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ikenberry, David & Lakonishok, Josef & Vermaelen, Theo, 1995. "Market underreaction to open market share repurchases," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2-3), pages 181-208.
- Jain, Prem C, 1985. " The Effect of Voluntary Sell-off Announcements on Shareholder Wealth," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(1), pages 209-24, March.
- Meyer, Margaret & Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1992.
"Organizational Prospects, Influence Costs, and Ownership Changes,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 9-35, Spring.
- Meyer, Margaret A & Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, Donald John, 1992. "Organizational Prospects, Influence Costs, and Ownership Changes," CEPR Discussion Papers 665, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-29, May.
- Larry Lang & Annette Poulsen & Rene M. Stulz, 1994.
"Asset Sales, Firm Performance, and the Agency Costs of Managerial Discretion,"
NBER Working Papers
4654, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lang, Larry & Poulsen, Annette & Stulz, Rene, 1995. "Asset sales, firm performance, and the agency costs of managerial discretion," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 3-37, January.
- Loughran, Tim & Ritter, Jay R, 1995. " The New Issues Puzzle," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 23-51, March.
- Healy, Paul M. & Palepu, Krishna G. & Ruback, Richard S., 1992. "Does corporate performance improve after mergers?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 135-175, April.
- Alexander, Gordon J & Benson, P George & Kampmeyer, Joan M, 1984. " Investigating the Valuation Effects of Announcements of Voluntary Corporate Selloffs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(2), pages 503-17, June.
- Miles, James A & Rosenfeld, James D, 1983. " The Effect of Voluntary Spin-Off Announcements on Shareholder Wealth," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(5), pages 1597-1606, December.
- Ofek, Eli, 1993. "Capital structure and firm response to poor performance: An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 3-30, August.
- Veld, C.H. & Merkoulova, Y.V., 2001.
"Do Spin-offs really Create Value? The European Case,"
2001-76, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Veld, Chris & Veld-Merkoulova, Yulia V., 2004. "Do spin-offs really create value? The European case," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 1111-1135, May.
- Hvide, Hans K, 2005.
"The Quality of Entrepreneurs,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4979, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zhou, Yue Maggie & Li, Xiaoyang & Svejnar, Jan, 2011. "Subsidiary divestiture and acquisition in a financial crisis: Operational focus, financial constraints, and ownership," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 272-287, April.
- Hsiu-Lang Chen & Re-Jin Guo, 2005. "On Corporate Divestiture," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 399-421, June.
- Sanjai Bhagat & Roberta Romano, 2001. "Event Studies and the Law - Part I: Technique and Corporate Litigation," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2475, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jan 2002.
- Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda & Jan Svejnar, 2004.
"Spinoffs, Privatization and Corporate Performance in Emerging Markets,"
- Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda & Jan Svejnar, 2004. "Spinoffs, Privatization and Corporate Performance in Emerging Markets," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-685, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Bardong, Florian & Bartram, Söhnke M. & Yadav, Pradeep K., 2006. "The Effect of Corporate Break-ups on Information Asymmetry: A Market Microstructure Analysis," MPRA Paper 13155, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Oct 2008.
- Elsas, Ralf & Hackethal, Andreas & Holzhaeuser, Markus, 2006. "The Anatomy of Bank Diversification," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 1167, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Hvide, Hans K., 2004. "Firm Size and the Quality of Entrepreneurs," Discussion Papers 2004/9, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Carretta, Alessandro & Farina, Vincenzo & Graziano, Elvira Anna & Reale, Marco, 2011. "Does investor attention influence stock market activity? The case of spin-off deals," MPRA Paper 33545, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sanjai Bhagat & Roberta Romano, . "Event Studies and the Law--Part I: Technique and Corporate Litigation," Yale Law School John M. Olin Center for Studies in Law, Economics, and Public Policy Working Paper Series yale_lepp-1021, Yale Law School John M. Olin Center for Studies in Law, Economics, and Public Policy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.