Information asymmetry, valuation, and the corporate spin-off decision
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 53 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Allen, Jeffrey W. & Lummer, Scott L. & McConnell, John J. & Reed, Debra K., 1995. "Can Takeover Losses Explain Spin-Off Gains?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(04), pages 465-485, December.
- Rosenfeld, James D, 1984. " Additional Evidence on the Relation between Divestiture Announcements and Shareholder Wealth," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(5), pages 1437-48, December.
- Smith, Clifford Jr. & Watts, Ross L., 1992.
"The investment opportunity set and corporate financing, dividend, and compensation policies,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 263-292, December.
- Smith, C.W. & Watts, R.L., 1992. "The Investment Oppotunity set and Corporate Financing, Dividend and Compensation Policies," Papers 92-02, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Christie, Andrew A., 1987. "On cross-sectional analysis in accounting research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 231-258, December.
- Dierkens, Nathalie, 1991. "Information Asymmetry and Equity Issues," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(02), pages 181-199, June.
- Chan, Louis K. C. & Lakonishok, Josef, 1992. "Robust Measurement of Beta Risk," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 265-282, June.
- Bhagat, Sanjai & Marr, M Wayne & Thompson, G Rodney, 1985. " The Rule 415 Experiment: Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(5), pages 1385-1401, December.
- Avdjiev, Stefan & Zeng, Zheng, 2009. "Impact of heterogeneous managerial productivity on executive hedge markets in an asymmetric information environment," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 187-201, December.
- Veld, C.H. & Merkoulova, Y.V., 2001.
"Do Spin-offs really Create Value? The European Case,"
2001-76, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Veld, Chris & Veld-Merkoulova, Yulia V., 2004. "Do spin-offs really create value? The European case," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 1111-1135, May.
- Michael Firth & T. Y. Leung & Oliver M. Rui, 2009.
"Insider Trading in Hong Kong: Tests of Stock Returns and Trading Frequency,"
042009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Michael Firth & T. Y. Leung & Oliver M. Rui, 2011. "Insider Trading in Hong Kong: Tests of Stock Returns and Trading Frequency," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(03), pages 505-533.
- Jongbloed, Auke, 2004. "Spin offs: Implications for corporate policies," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/85622, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Thomas Chemmanur & Shan He & Debarshi Nandy, 2008.
"The Going Public Decision and the Product Market,"
08-20, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Muendler, Marc-Andreas & Rauch, James E. & Tocoian, Oana, 2012.
"Employee spinoffs and other entrants: Stylized facts from Brazil,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 447-458.
- Oana Hirakawa & Marc-Andreas Muendler & James E. Rauch, 2010. "Employee Spinoffs and Other Entrants: Stylized Facts from Brazil," NBER Working Papers 15638, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antoine Renucci, 2008. "Access to financing, rents, and organization of the firm," Post-Print halshs-00365983, HAL.
- Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda & Jan Svejnar, 2004.
"Spinoffs, Privatization and Corporate Performance in Emerging Markets,"
- Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda & Jan Svejnar, 2004. "Spinoffs, Privatization and Corporate Performance in Emerging Markets," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-685, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Peter Rousseau & Caleb Stroup, 2011. "Director Histories and the Pattern of Acquisitions," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 1124, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Zhou, Yue Maggie & Li, Xiaoyang & Svejnar, Jan, 2011. "Subsidiary divestiture and acquisition in a financial crisis: Operational focus, financial constraints, and ownership," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 272-287, April.
- Thomas Kirchmaier, 2003. "The Performance Effects of European Demergers," CEP Discussion Papers dp0566, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.