Layoffs and underwritten rights offers
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 43 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lease, Ronald C & Masulis, Ronald W & Page, John R, 1991. " An Investigation of Market Microstructure Impacts on Event Study Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1523-36, September.
- Masulis, Ronald W. & Korwar, Ashok N., 1986. "Seasoned equity offerings : An empirical investigation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 91-118.
- Smith, Clifford Jr., 1977. "Alternative methods for raising capital : Rights versus underwritten offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 273-307, December.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hanley, Kathleen Weiss & Kumar, A. Arun & Seguin, Paul J., 1993. "Price stabilization in the market for new issues," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 177-197, October.
- Robert S. Hansen, 1988. "The Demise of the Rights Issue," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(3), pages 289-309.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Marshall Blume & Robert Stambaugh, . "Biases in Computed Returns: An Application to the Size Effect (Revision of 2-83)," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 11-83, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Eckbo, B. Espen & Masulis, Ronald W., 1992. "Adverse selection and the rights offer paradox," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 293-332, December.
- Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan, 1986. "Valuation effects of security offerings and the issuance process," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 31-60.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Smith, Clifford Jr., 1986. "Investment banking and the capital acquisition process," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 3-29.
- Heinkel, Robert L & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1986. " Rights versus Underwritten Offerings: An Asymmetric Information Approach," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Schultz, Paul H. & Zaman, Mir A., 1994. "Aftermarket support and underpricing of initial public offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 199-219, April.
- Roll, Richard, 1983. "On computing mean returns and the small firm premium," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 371-386, November.
- Blume, Marshall E. & Stambaugh, Robert F., 1983. "Biases in computed returns : An application to the size effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 387-404, November.
- Bechmann, Ken L., 2004. "Short sales, price pressure, and the stock price response to convertible bond calls," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 427-451, October.
- Gajewski, Jean-François & Ginglinger, Edith, 2002. "Seasoned Equity Issues in a Closely Held Market: Evidence from France," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1949, Paris Dauphine University.
- Slovin, M. B. & Sushka, M. E. & Lai, K. W. L., 2000. "Alternative flotation methods, adverse selection, and ownership structure: evidence from seasoned equity issuance in the U.K," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 157-190, August.
- Marsden, Alastair, 2000. "Shareholder wealth effects of rights issues: Evidence from the New Zealand capital market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 419-442, July.
- O. Emre Ergungor & C.N.V. Krishnan & Ajai K. Singh & Allan A. Zebedee, 2005. "Offer-price discount of bank seasoned equity offers: do voluntary and involuntary offers convey different information?," Working Paper 0515, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Massimo Massa & Theo Vermaelen & Moqi Xu, 2013. "Rights offerings, trading, and regulation: a global perspective," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 55403, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kabir, M.R. & Roosenboom, P.G.J., 2000.
"Can the Stock Market anticipate Future Operating Performance? Evidence from Equity Rights Issues,"
2000-22, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kabir, Rezaul & Roosenboom, Peter, 2003. "Can the stock market anticipate future operating performance? Evidence from equity rights issues," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 93-113, January.
- Kabir, R. & Roosenboom, P.G.J., 2002. "Can the stock market anticipate future operating performance? Evidence from equity rights issues," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-102-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Ching, Ken M.L. & Firth, Michael & Rui, Oliver M., 2006. "The information content of insider trading around seasoned equity offerings," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 91-117, January.
- Koenig-Matsoukis, Laure, 2010. "Financial intermediation and the rights offer paradox," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4430, Paris Dauphine University.
- Balachandran, Balasingham & Faff, Robert & Jong, Len, 2005. "Announcements of bonus share options: Signalling of the quality of firms," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 180-190, December.
- Balachandran, Balasingham & Faff, Robert & Theobald, Michael, 2008. "Rights offerings, takeup, renounceability, and underwriting status," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 328-346, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.