Announcements of asset-quality problems and contagion effects in the life insurance industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 35 (1994)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Helwege, Jean, 2010. "Financial firm bankruptcy and systemic risk," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Blose, Laurence E. & Bornkamp, Robin & Brier, Marci & Brown, Kendis & Frederick, Jerry, 1996. "Catastrophic events, contagion, and stock market efficiency: the case of the space shuttle challenger," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 117-129.
- Suh, Sangwon, 2012. "Measuring systemic risk: A factor-augmented correlated default approach," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 341-358.
- Chinmoy Ghosh & Randall S. Guttery & C. F. Sirmans, 1998. "Contagion and REIT Stock Prices," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 16(3), pages 389-400.
- Milidonis, Andreas, 2013. "Compensation incentives of credit rating agencies and predictability of changes in bond ratings and financial strength ratings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3716-3732.
- Elijah Brewer III & Thomas H. Mondschean & Philip Strahan, 1996. "The Role of Monitoring in Reducing the Moral Hazard Problem Associated with Government Guarantees: Evidence from the Life Insurance Industry," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-15, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Eberhart, Allan C., 2001. "Comparable firms and the precision of equity valuations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1367-1400, July.
- Dong, Ming, 2014. "The impact of firm-level transparency on the ex ante risk decisions of insurers: Evidence from an empirical study," ICIR Working Paper Series 14/14, International Center for Insurance Regulation (ICIR), Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Maxime Merli & Alain Schatt, 2007. "Are there contagion or competition effects for non rated firms?The case of successive bond rating downgrades of Alcatel," Working Papers CREGO 1070603, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Elijah Brewer, III & William E. Jackson, III, 2002. "Inter-industry contagion and the competitive effects of financial distress announcements: evidence from commercial banks and life insurance companies," Working Paper Series WP-02-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda & Gilson, Stuart C., 1996. "Perceptions and the politics of finance: Junk bonds and the regulatory seizure of First Capital Life," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 475-511, July.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Madura, Jeff, 2001. "Why do contagion effects vary among bank failures?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 657-680, April.
- George Benston, 2000. "Consumer Protection as Justification for Regulating Financial-Services Firms and Products," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 277-301, September.
- Joann Noe Cross & Robert A. Kunkel, 2012. "Andersen implosion over Enron: an analysis of the contagion effect on Fortune 500 firms," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(7), pages 678-688.
- Mark Carey S. & Stephen Prowse & John Rea & Gregory Udell, 1993. "The economics of the private placement market," Staff Studies 166, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Maxime Merli & Alain Schatt, 2003. "Contagion effects of successive bond rating downgrades," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2003-02, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- van Lelyveld, Iman & Liedorp, Franka & Kampman, Manuel, 2011.
"An empirical assessment of reinsurance risk,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 191-203, December.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Mansur, Iqbal & Pagano, Michael S., 2007. "Convergence and risk-return linkages across financial service firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1167-1190, April.
- Podlich, Natalia & Wedow, Michael, 2011. "Credit contagion between financial systems," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2011,15, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Chi, Li-Chiu & Tang, Tseng-Chung, 2008. "The response of industry rivals to announcements of reorganization filing," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 13-23, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.