Dual-class recapitalizations as antitakeover mechanisms : The recent evidence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 20 (1988)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hamon, Jacques, 2001. "La répartition des droits de vote, leur exercice et l’efficacité économique," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/9321, Paris Dauphine University.
- Bilge Yilmaz, . "Strategic Voting and Proxy Contests," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 05-00, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Adams, Renee B. & Santos, Joao A.C., 2006. "Identifying the effect of managerial control on firm performance," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1-2), pages 55-85, April.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/9321 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martin Holmén & Eugene Nivorozhkin, 2012.
"Tender Offers versus Block Trades: Empirical Evidence,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(7-8), pages 511-529, October.
- Holmén, M. & Nivorozhkin, E., 2007. "Tender offers versus block trades: empirical evidence," Open Access publications from University College London http://discovery.ucl.ac.u, University College London.
- Bilge Yilmaz, . "Strategic Voting and Proxy Contests," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 5-00, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Maug, Ernst, 2002. "Insider trading legislation and corporate governance," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(9), pages 1569-1597, October.
- Amoako-Adu, Ben & Smith, Brian F., 2001. "Dual class firms: Capitalization, ownership structure and recapitalization back into single class," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1083-1111, June.
- Sushka, Marie & Slovin, Myron & Ginglinger, Edith & Belot, François, 2012. "Reforming Corporate Governance: Evidence from the Choice between Unitary versus Dual Boards of Directors," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/9552, Paris Dauphine University.
- Thomas Flavin & Thomas O'Connor, 2013. "The effects of ownership structure on corporate financing decisions: Evidence from stock market liberalization," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n235-13.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Dimitrov, Valentin & Jain, Prem C., 2006. "Recapitalization of one class of common stock into dual-class: Growth and long-run stock returns," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 342-366, January.
- Lucian Bebchuk & Reinier Kraakman & George Triantis, 1999. "Stock Pyramids, Cross-Ownership, and the Dual Class Equity: The Creation and Agency Costs of Seperating Control from Cash Flow Rights," NBER Working Papers 6951, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Zhang, Hao, 1995. "Introduction of dual-class shares: Further evidence on Canadian pro-rata distributions," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 67-79.
- Denis, David J. & Serrano, Jan M., 1996. "Active investors and management turnover following unsuccessful control contests," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 239-266, February.
- Khachaturyan, Arman, 2006. "The One-Share-One-Vote Controversy in the EU," ECMI Papers 1203, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Chemmanur, Thomas J. & Jiao, Yawen, 2012. "Dual class IPOs: A theoretical analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 305-319.
- Teall, John L., 1997. "The one-share-one-vote-rule and managerial compensation," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 211-223.
- Michael Carney & Eric Gedajlovic & Sujit Sur, 2011. "Corporate governance and stakeholder conflict," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 483-507, August.
- Antonio Mínguez & Juan Francisco Martín Ugedo, 2003. "El Consejo De Administración Como Mecanismo De Control: Evidencia Para El Mercado Español," Working Papers. Serie EC 2003-02, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Sushka, Marie & Slovin, Myron & Ginglinger, Edith & Belot, François, 2012. "Lessons from The French Exception: How Firms Choose Between Unitary and Dual Boards," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/9554, Paris Dauphine University.
- Hu, Henry T.C. & Black, Bernard, 2007. "Hedge funds, insiders, and the decoupling of economic and voting ownership: Empty voting and hidden (morphable) ownership," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 343-367, June.
- Ehrhardt, Olaf & Nowak, Eric, 2001. "Private benefits and minority shareholder expropriation: Empirical evidence from IPOs of German family-owned firms," CFS Working Paper Series 2001/10, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Jean-Jacques Hamon, 2001. "La répartition des droits de vote, leur exercice et l’efficacité économique," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 63(3), pages 175-209.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.