Incomplete Markets, Allocative Efficiency, and the Information Revealed by Prices
AbstractIn this paper we compare rational expectations equilibria with different degrees of information revelation through prices. These equilibria arise in a two-period exchange economy with finitely many states and signals, multiple commodities and incomplete f
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 90 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
Other versions of this item:
- Alessandro Citanna & Antonio Villanacci, . "Incomplete markets, allocative efficiency and the information revealed by prices," GSIA Working Papers 10, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Radner, Roy, 1979. "Rational Expectations Equilibrium: Generic Existence and the Information Revealed by Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 655-78, May.
- Magill, M. & Quinzii, M., 1992.
"Real effects of money in general equilibrium,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 301-342.
- Hart, Oliver D., 1975. "On the optimality of equilibrium when the market structure is incomplete," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 418-443, December.
- Jordan, J. S., 1982. "The generic existence of rational expectations equilibrium in the higher dimensional case," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 224-243, April.
- Roy Radner, 1997. "Rational Expectations Equilibrium: Generic Existence and the Information Revealed by Prices," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1594, David K. Levine.
- David Cass & Alessandro Citanna, 1998. "Pareto improving financial innovation in incomplete markets," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 467-494.
- Atsushi Kajii & Antonio Villanacci & Alessandro Citanna, 1998. "Constrained suboptimality in incomplete markets: a general approach and two applications," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 495-521.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1971. "The Private and Social Value of Information and the Reward to Inventive Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(4), pages 561-74, September.
- Polemarchakis, H M & Siconolfi, P, 1993. "Asset Markets and the Information Revealed by Prices," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 645-61, October.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Geanakoplos, John & Shubik, Martin, 1987. "The revelation of information in strategic market games : A critique of rational expectations equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 105-137, April.
- David Andolfatto & Fernando M. Martin, 2012.
"Information disclosure and exchange media,"
2012-012, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Broll, Udo & Eckwert, Bernhard & Eickhoff, Andreas, 2012. "Financial intermediation and endogenous risk in the banking sector," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1618-1622.
- Banerjee, Anurag N. & Seccia, Giulio, 2002. "On the "Hirshleifer effect'' of unscheduled monetary policy announcements," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0213, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Piero Gottardi & Rohit Rahi, 2010.
"Value of Information in Competitive Economies with Incomplete Markets,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp658, Financial Markets Group.
- Piero Gottardi & Rohit Rahi, 2007. "Value of Information in Competitive Economies with Incomplete Markets," Working Papers 2007_25, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Rohit Rahi & Piero Gottardi, 2007. "Value of Information in Competitive Economies with Incomplete Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp596, Financial Markets Group.
- Piero Gottardi & Rohit Rahi, 2010. "Value of Information in Competitive Economies with Incomplete Markets," Economics Working Papers ECO2010/34, European University Institute.
- Drees, Burkhard & Eckwert, Bernhard, 2010. "Implications of more precise information for technological development and economic welfare," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 266-279, February.
- David Andolfatto & Aleksander Berentsen & Christopher J. Waller, 2012.
"Optimal disclosure policy and undue diligence,"
2012-001, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Juan Carlos Hatchondo, 2005.
"The value of information with heterogeneous agents and partially revealing prices,"
05-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Juan Hatchondo, 2004. "The value of information with heterogeneous agents and partially revealing prices," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 175, Econometric Society.
- Krebs, Tom, 2005. "Fundamentals, information, and international capital flows: A welfare analysis," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 579-598, April.
- Broll, Udo & Eckwert, Bernhard & Eickhoff, Andreas, 2011. "Transparency in the banking sector," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 05/11, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.