Monopoly, product differentiation and economic welfare
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 31 (1983)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- De Fraja, Giovanni, 1996. "Product line competition in vertically differentiated markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 389-414, May.
- L. Lambertini & R. Orsini, 1998. "Differentiation With A Positional Good," Working Papers 306, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- L. Lambertini & R. Orsini, 2004.
"R&D for Quality Improvement and Network Externalities,"
516, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Luca Lambertini & Raimondello Orsini, 2010. "R&D for Quality Improvement and Network Externalities," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 113-124, March.
- Balan, David J. & Deltas, George, 2013. "Better product at same cost, lower sales and lower welfare," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 322-330.
- Lambertini, Luca, 1997. "On the provision of product quality by a labor-managed monopolist," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 279-283, August.
- Bansal, Sangeeta & Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis, 2003. "Tax/subsidy policies in the presence of environmentally aware consumers," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(2, Supple), pages 333-355, March.
- Andaluz, Joaquín, 2010. "Cartel sustainability with vertical product differentiation: Price versus quantity competition," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 201-211, December.
- David P. Myatt & Justin P. Johnson, 2005. "Multiproduct Cournot Oligopoly," Economics Series Working Papers 145, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- S. Baranzoni & P. Bianchi & L. Lambertini, 2000. "Market Structure," Working Papers 368, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Prasenjit Banerjee & Jason F. Shogren, 2013. "Climate Change: Risk, Reputation, and Mechanism Design," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1303, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Bansal, Sangeeta, 2008. "Choice and design of regulatory instruments in the presence of green consumers," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 345-368, August.
- de Palma, Andre & Leruth, Luc, 1996. "Variable willingness to pay for network externalities with strategic standardization decisions," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 235-251, September.
- Arora, Seema & Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis, 1995. "Toward a theoretical model of voluntary overcompliance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 289-309, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.