Preservation of "more risk averse" under expectations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 28 (1982)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Günter Franke & Richard C. Stapleton & Marti G. Subrahmanyam, 2005. "Incremental Risk Vulnerability," CoFE Discussion Paper 05-08, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
NBER Working Papers
2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Yannick Malevergne & Rey Beatrice, 2009.
"On Cross-risk Vulnerability,"
- Gollier Christian & Schlee Edward E, 2006.
"Increased Risk-Bearing with Background Risk,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & Miles S. Kimball, 1996.
"Taxation of labor income and the demand for risky assets,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
96-32, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Elmendorf, Douglas W & Kimball, Miles S, 2000. "Taxation of Labor Income and the Demand for Risky Assets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 41(3), pages 801-33, August.
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & Miles S. Kimball, 1991. "Taxation of Labor Income and the Demand For Risky Assets," NBER Working Papers 3904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1993.
"Standard Risk Aversion,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 589-611, May.
- Broll, Udo & Mallick, Rajiv & Wong, Kit Pong, 2001. "International trade and hedging in economies in transition," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 149-159, June.
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Harris Schlesinger, 2006.
"Putting Risk in Its Proper Place,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 280-289, March.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & SCHLESINGER, Harris, . "Putting risk in its proper place," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1871, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Harris Schlesinger, 2005. "Putting Risk in its Proper Place," CESifo Working Paper Series 1462, CESifo Group Munich.
- Günter Franke & Harris Schlesinger & Richard C. Stapleton, 2006.
"Multiplicative Background Risk,"
INFORMS, vol. 52(1), pages 146-153, January.
- Franke, Günter & Schlesinger, Harris & Stapleton, Richard C., 2002. "Multiplicative background risk," Discussion Papers, various Research Units FS IV 02-06, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Günter Franke & Harris Schlesinger & Richard C. Stapleton, 2003. "Multiplicative Background Risk," CoFE Discussion Paper 03-05, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Scarsini, Marco & Dana, Rose-Anne, 2005. "Optimal risk sharing with background risk," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/698, Paris Dauphine University.
- Osaki, Yusuke & Quiggin, John, 2007. "A Risk-neutral Characterization of Optimization and Pessimism and its Applications," Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers 151180, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Lee, Kangoh, 2012. "Background risk and self-protection," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 114(3), pages 262-264.
- Alexandru V. Asimit & Raluca Vernic & Riċardas Zitikis, 2013. "Evaluating Risk Measures and Capital Allocations Based on Multi-Losses Driven by a Heavy-Tailed Background Risk: The Multivariate Pareto-II Model," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(1), pages 14-33, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.