Conditions for a CAPM equilibrium with positive prices
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 137 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, 09.
- Levy, Haim, 1978. "Equilibrium in an Imperfect Market: A Constraint on the Number of Securities in the Portfolio," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(4), pages 643-58, September.
- Nielsen, Lars Tyge, 1987. " Portfolio Selection in the Mean-Variance Model: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(5), pages 1371-76, December.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Zhenyu Wang, 1993.
"The CAPM is alive and well,"
165, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Nielsen, Lars Tyge, 1992. " Positive Prices in CAPM," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 791-808, June.
- Best, Michael J. & Grauer, Robert R., 1992. "Positively Weighted Minimum-Variance Portfolios and the Structure of Asset Expected Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(04), pages 513-537, December.
- Levy, Haim, 1983. "The Capital Asset Pricing Model: Theory and Empiricism," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(369), pages 145-65, March.
- Roll, Richard, 1977. "A critique of the asset pricing theory's tests Part I: On past and potential testability of the theory," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 129-176, March.
- Roll, Richard & Ross, Stephen A., 1977. "Comments on qualitative results for investment proportions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 265-268, November.
- John Lintner, 1965. "Security Prices, Risk, And Maximal Gains From Diversification," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 20(4), pages 587-615, December.
- Rudd, Andrew, 1977. "A note on qualitative results for investment proportions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 259-263, November.
- Merton, Robert C, 1987.
" A Simple Model of Capital Market Equilibrium with Incomplete Information,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 483-510, July.
- Merton, Robert C., 1987. "A simple model of capital market equilibrium with incomplete information," Working papers 1869-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Frost, Peter A. & Savarino, James E., 1986. "An Empirical Bayes Approach to Efficient Portfolio Selection," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(03), pages 293-305, September.
- Bottazzi, Jean-Marc & Hens, Thorsten & Loffler, Andreas, 1998. "Market Demand Functions in the Capital Asset Pricing Model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 192-206, April.
- Sharpe, William F, 1991.
" Capital Asset Prices with and without Negative Holdings,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 489-509, June.
- Sharpe, William F., 1990. "Capital Asset Prices With and Without Negative Holding," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1990-3, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Allingham, Michael, 1991. "Existence Theorems in the Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 1169-74, July.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-65, June.
- Nielsen, Lars Tyge, 1990. "Existence of equilibrium in CAPM," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 223-231, October.
- Levy, H & Markowtiz, H M, 1979. "Approximating Expected Utility by a Function of Mean and Variance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 308-17, June.
- Berk, Jonathan B., 1997. "Necessary Conditions for the CAPM," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 245-257, March.
- Owen, Joel & Rabinovitch, Ramon, 1983. " On the Class of Elliptical Distributions and Their Applications to the Theory of Portfolio Choice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(3), pages 745-52, June.
- Jan Wenzelburger, 2010. "The two-fund separation theorem revisited," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 221-239, March.
- Matteo Del Vigna, 2011. "Financial market equilibria with heterogeneous agents: CAPM and market segmentation," DiMaD Working Papers 2011-08, Dipartimento di Matematica per le Decisioni, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.