Voting over income taxation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 134 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simon, Leo K. & Zame, William R., 1987.
"Discontinous Games and Endogenous Sharing Rules,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt8n46v2wv, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Philip J. Reny, 1999. "On the Existence of Pure and Mixed Strategy Nash Equilibria in Discontinuous Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(5), pages 1029-1056, September.
- John E. Roemer, 1999.
"The Democratic Political Economy of Progressive Income Taxation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 67(1), pages 1-20, January.
- John Roemer, 2003. "The Democratic Political Economy Of Progressive Income Taxation," Working Papers 9711, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- John E. Roemer, . "The Democratic Political Economy Of Progressive Income Taxation," Department of Economics 97-11, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- John E. Roemer, 1997. "The Democratic Political Economy of Progressive Income Taxation," Discussion Papers 97-03, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Tan, Kok-Keong & Yu, Jian & Yuan, Xian-Zhi, 1995. "Existence Theorems of Nash Equilibria for Non-cooperative N-Person Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 217-22.
- Jeffrey S. Banks & John Duggan & Michel LeBreton, .
"Bounds for Mixed Strategy Equilibria and the Spatial Model of Elections,"
Wallis Working Papers
WP14, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
- Banks, Jeffrey S. & Duggan, John & Le Breton, Michel, 2002. "Bounds for Mixed Strategy Equilibria and the Spatial Model of Elections," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 88-105, March.
- Maskin, Eric, 1986. "The Existence of Equilibrium with Price-Setting Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 382-86, May.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Jeroen M. Swinkels, 2005.
"Existence of Equilibrium in Single and Double Private Value Auctions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 73(1), pages 93-139, 01.
- Jackson, Matthew O. & Jeroen Swinkels, 2004. "Existence of Equilibrium in Single and Double Private Value Auctions," Working Papers 1192, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Gouveia, Miguel & Oliver, David, 1996. "Voting over flat taxes in an endowment economy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 251-258, February.
- Meltzer, Allan H & Richard, Scott F, 1981. "A Rational Theory of the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 914-27, October.
- Bhaskar Dutta & Jean-Francois Laslier, 1999.
"Comparison functions and choice correspondences,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 513-532.
- Esteban F. Klor, 2003. "On the Popular Support for Progressive Taxation," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 5(4), pages 593-604, October.
- Mitra, T. & Ok, E.A., 1994.
"Personal Income Taxation and the Principle of Equal Sacrifice Revisited,"
94-29, Cornell - Department of Economics.
- Mitra, Tapan & Ok, Efe A, 1996. "Personal Income Taxation and the Principle of Equal Sacrifice Revisited," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(4), pages 925-48, November.
- Jean-FranÚois Laslier, 2000. "Interpretation of electoral mixed strategies," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 283-292.
- David M. Kreps & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1983. "Quantity Precommitment and Bertrand Competition Yield Cournot Outcomes," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 326-337, Autumn.
- Alessandro Lizzeri & Nicola Persico, 2005. "A Drawback Of Electoral Competition," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 3(6), pages 1318-1348, December.
- Osborne, Martin J. & Pitchik, Carolyn, 1986. "Price competition in a capacity-constrained duopoly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 238-260, April.
- Roberts, Kevin W. S., 1977. "Voting over income tax schedules," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 329-340, December.
- Carbonell-Nicolau, Oriol & Klor, Esteban F., 2003.
"Representative democracy and marginal rate progressive income taxation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(9-10), pages 2339-2366, September.
- Carbonell-Nicolau, Oriol & Klor, Esteban F., 2003. "Representative democracy and marginal rate progressive income taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(5-6), pages 1137-1164, May.
- Laslier, Jean-Francois & Picard, Nathalie, 2002. "Distributive Politics and Electoral Competition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 106-130, March.
- Romer, Thomas, 1975. "Individual welfare, majority voting, and the properties of a linear income tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 163-185, February.
- Marhuenda, Francisco & Ortuno-Ortin, Ignacio, 1998.
"Income taxation, uncertainty and stability,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 285-300, February.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.