Redistributive effects of minimal equal sacrifice taxation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 108 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mitra, T. & Ok, E.A., 1995.
"On the Equitability of Progressive Taxation,"
95-25, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Kakwani, Nanak C, 1977. "Applications of Lorenz Curves in Economic Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(3), pages 719-27, April.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Eichhorn, Wolfgang & Funke, Helmut & Richter, Wolfram F., 1984. "Tax progression and inequality of income distribution," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 127-131, October.
- Young, H Peyton, 1990. "Progressive Taxation and Equal Sacrifice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 253-66, March.
- Le Breton, Michel & Moyes, Patrick & Trannoy, Alain, 1996. "Inequality Reducing Properties of Composite Taxation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 71-103, April.
- Ballano, Carlos & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier, 1993. "Searching by questionnaire for the meaning of income inequality," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/4773, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Latham, Roger, 1988. "Lorenz-Dominating Income Tax Functions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(1), pages 185-200, February.
- Moyes, Patrick, 1987. "A new concept of Lorenz domination," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 203-207.
- Ok, Efe A., 1995. "On the principle of equal sacrifice in income taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 453-467, November.
- Thon, Dominique, 1987. "Redistributive properties of progressive taxation," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 185-191, October.
- Kolm, Serge-Christophe, 1976. "Unequal inequalities. II," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 82-111, August.
- Mitra, Tapan & Ok, Efe A, 1996.
"Personal Income Taxation and the Principle of Equal Sacrifice Revisited,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(4), pages 925-48, November.
- Mitra, T. & Ok, E.A., 1994. "Personal Income Taxation and the Principle of Equal Sacrifice Revisited," Papers 94-29, Cornell - Department of Economics.
- Kolm, Serge-Christophe, 1976. "Unequal inequalities. I," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 416-442, June.
- Berliant, M. & Gouveia, M., 1990.
"Equal Sacrifice And Incentive Compatible Income Taxation,"
RCER Working Papers
219, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Berliant, Marcus & Gouveia, Miguel, 1993. "Equal sacrifice and incentive compatible income taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 219-240, June.
- Fellman, J, 1976. "The Effect of Transformations on Lorenz Curves," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(4), pages 823-24, July.
- D'Antoni, Massimo, 1999. "Piecewise linear tax functions, progressivity, and the principle of equal sacrifice," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 191-197, November.
- Young, H. P., 1987. "Progressive taxation and the equal sacrifice principle," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 203-214, March.
- Jakobsson, Ulf, 1976. "On the measurement of the degree of progression," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1-2), pages 161-168.
- Young, H. P., 1988. "Distributive justice in taxation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 321-335, April.
- Peter J. Lambert & Helen T. Naughton, 2006.
"The Equal Sacrifice Principle Revisited,"
University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers
2006-4, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 01 Jun 2006.
- Wolfgang Buchholz & Wolfgang Peters, 2008.
"Equal sacrifice and fair burden-sharing in a public goods economy,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 415-429, August.
- Wolfgang Buchholz & Wolfgang Peters, 2007. "Equal Sacrifice and Fair Burden Sharing in a Public Goods Economy," CESifo Working Paper Series 1997, CESifo Group Munich.
- Faíña, Andres / A. & Lopez-Rodriguez, Jesus / J. & Varela, Laura / L., 2011. "Nontaxable income and necessary consumption: the Rousseau’s paradox of fiscal egalitarianism," MPRA Paper 32900, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.