Strategy-Proof Probabilistic Decision Schemes for One-Dimensional Single-Peaked Preferences
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 105 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- H. Moulin, 1980. "On strategy-proofness and single peakedness," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 437-455, January.
- Crès, Herv� & Moulin, Herv�, 1998. "Random Priority: A Probabilistic Resolution of the Tragedy of the Commons," Working Papers 98-06, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Barbera, S & Bogomolnaia, A & van der Stel, H, 1996.
"Strategy-Proof Probabilistic Rules for Expected Utility Maximizers,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
330.96, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Barbera, Salvador & Bogomolnaia, Anna & van der Stel, Hans, 1998. "Strategy-proof probabilistic rules for expected utility maximizers," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 89-103, March.
- Pattanaik, Prasanta K & Peleg, Bezalel, 1986. "Distribution of Power under Stochastic Social Choice Rules," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 909-21, July.
- Dutta, Bhaskar, 1980. "Strategic Voting in a Probabilistic Framework," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(2), pages 447-56, March.
- Border, Kim C & Jordan, J S, 1983. "Straightforward Elections, Unanimity and Phantom Voters," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 153-70, January.
- Freixas, Xavier, 1984. "A cardinal approach to straightforward probabilistic mechanisms," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 227-251, December.
- Bandyopadhyay, Taradas & Deb, Rajat & Pattanaik, Prasanta K., 1982. "The structure of coalitional power under probabilistic group decision rules," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 366-375, August.
- Gibbard, Allan, 1973. "Manipulation of Voting Schemes: A General Result," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 587-601, July.
- Barbera, Salvador & Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1978. "Preference aggregation with randomized social orderings," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 244-254, August.
- Atila Abdulkadiroglu & Tayfun Sonmez, 1998. "Random Serial Dictatorship and the Core from Random Endowments in House Allocation Problems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(3), pages 689-702, May.
- Gibbard, Allan, 1977. "Manipulation of Schemes That Mix Voting with Chance," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(3), pages 665-81, April.
- Gibbard, Allan, 1978. "Straightforwardness of Game Forms with Lotteries as Outcomes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(3), pages 595-614, May.
- Alejandro Saporiti, 2007.
"Strategy-Proofness and Single-Crossing,"
Wallis Working Papers
WP48, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
- Lars Ehlers & Bettina Klaus, 2003.
"Probabilistic assignments of identical indivisible objects and uniform probabilistic rules,"
Review of Economic Design,
Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 249-268, October.
- Ehlers, L. & Klaus, B., 2001. "Probabilistic Assignements of Identical Indivisible Objects and Uniform Probabilistic Rules," Cahiers de recherche 2001-27, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- EHLERS, Lars & KLAUS, Bettina, 2001. "Probabilistic Assignments of Identical Indivisible Objects and Uniform Probabilistic Rules," Cahiers de recherche 2001-27, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Arunava Sen, 2011. "The Gibbard random dictatorship theorem: a generalization and a new proof," SERIEs, Spanish Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 515-527, December.
- John A. Weymark, 2008.
"Strategy-Proofness and the Tops-Only Property,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 10(1), pages 7-26, 02.
- John A. Weymark, 2004. "Strategy-Proofness and the Tops-Only Property," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0409, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised Sep 2006.
- GORDON, Sidartha, 2006.
"Public Decisions: Solidarity and the Status Quo,"
Cahiers de recherche
2006-05, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Stefan Maus & Hans Peters & Ton Storcken, 2006.
"Strategy-proof voting for single issues and cabinets,"
Springer, vol. 126(1), pages 27-43, January.
- Maus,Stefan & Peters,Hans & Storcken,Ton, 2003. "Strategy-proof voting for single issues and cabinets," Research Memorandum 044, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- repec:hal:cesptp:hal-00641865 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alex Gershkov & Benny Moldovanu & Xianwen Shi, 2013.
"Optimal Voting Rules,"
tecipa-493, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Gershkov, Alex & Moldovanu, Benny & Shi, Xianwen, 2013. "Optimal Voting Rules," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 417, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Alex Gershkov & Benny Moldovanu & Xianwen Shi, 2013. "Optimal Mechanism Design without Money," Working Papers tecipa-481, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Salvador Barberà, 2010.
"Strategy-proof social choice,"
420, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Shuhei Morimoto, 2013. "Maximal domain for strategy-proof probabilistic rules in economies with one public good," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 637-669, September.
- Wolitzky, Alexander, 2009. "Fully sincere voting," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 720-735, November.
- Fleckinger, Pierre, 2008.
"Bayesian improvement of the phantom voters rule: An example of dichotomic communication,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 1-13, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.