Does inequality lead to greater efficiency in the use of local commons? The role of strategic investments in capacity
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.
Volume (Year): 47 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dixit, Avinash, 1979.
"The Role of Investment in Entry-Deterrence,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS), University of Warwick, Department of Economics
140, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 124.
- A. Michael Spence, 1977. "Entry, Capacity, Investment and Oligopolistic Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 534-544, Autumn.
- Copeland, Brian R., 1990. "Strategic enhancement and destruction of fisheries and the environment in the presence of international externalities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 213-226, November.
- Cornes, Richard & Mason, Charles F & Sandler, Todd, 1986. "The Commons and the Optimal Number of Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 101(3), pages 641-46, August.
- Knapp Keith C. & Olson Lars J., 1995. "The Economics of Conjunctive Groundwater Management with Stochastic Surface Supplies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 340-356, May.
- Bradford L. Barham & Jean-Paul Chavas & Oliver T. Coomes, 1998. "Sunk Costs and the Natural Resource Extraction Sector: Analytical Models and Historical Examples of Hysteresis and Strategic Behavior in the Americas," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(4), pages 429-448.
- Aggarwal, Rimjhim M., 2000. "Possibilities and Limitations to Cooperation in Small Groups: The Case of Group-Owned Wells in Southern India," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1481-1497, August.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 1997. "Wealth Inequality and Efficiency in the Commons: Part I: The Unregulated Case," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(4), pages 451-82, October.
- Provencher Bill & Burt Oscar, 1993. "The Externalities Associated with the Common Property Exploitation of Groundwater," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 139-158, March.
- Richard Hornbeck & Pinar Keskin, 2011. "The Evolving Impact of the Ogallala Aquifer: Agricultural Adaptation to Groundwater and Climate," NBER Working Papers 17625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alix-Garcia, Jennifer, 2008. "An exploration of the positive effect of inequality on common property forests," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 92-105, August.
- Brandt, Sylvia, 2007. "Evaluating tradable property rights for natural resources: The role of strategic entry and exit," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 158-176, May.
- Stergios Athanassoglou & Glenn Sheriff & Tobias Siegfried & Woonghee Tim Huh, 2009. "Simple Mechanisms for Managing Complex Aquifers," NCEE Working Paper Series, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency 200905, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Oct 2009.
- Kiran Krishnamurthy, Chandra, 2012. "Optimal Management of Groundwater under Uncertainty: A Unified Approach," CERE Working Papers, CERE - the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics 2012:19, CERE - the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics, revised 30 Jun 2014.
- Heuson, Clemens & Peters, Wolfgang & Schwarze, Reimund & Topp, Anna-Katharina, 2013.
"Investment and adaptation as commitment devices in climate politics,"
UFZ Discussion Papers, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÃKUS)
13/2013, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Clemens Heuson & Wolfgang Peters & Reimund Schwarze & Anna-Katharina Topp, 2013. "Investment and Adaptation as Commitment Devices in Climate Politics," Discussion Paper Series RECAP15, RECAP15, European University Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder) 011, RECAP15, European University Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder).
- Stergios Athanassoglou & Glenn Sheriff & Tobias Siegfried & Woonghee Huh, 2012.
"Optimal Mechanisms for Heterogeneous Multi-Cell Aquifers,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists,
European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 52(2), pages 265-291, June.
- Stergios Athanassoglou & Glenn Sheriff & Tobias Siegfried & Woonghee Tim Huh, 2011. "Optimal Mechanisms for Heterogeneous Multi-cell Aquifers," Working Papers, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei 2011.28, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Peters, Wolfgang & Heuson, Clemens & Schwarze, Reimund & Topp, Anna-Katharina, 2013. "Investment and adaptation as commitment devices in climate policy deteriorate mitigation," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order, Verein fÃ¼r Socialpolitik / German Economic Association 79719, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Du Bois, Rodrigo Salcedo & Macias, Miguel Angel Gutierrez, 2013. "Cooperation makes it happen? Groundwater management in Aguascalientes, Mexico: An experimental approach," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C., Agricultural and Applied Economics Association 151139, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ignace Adant & Pierre Fleckinger, 2005. "Controling externalities with asymmetric information : Ferrous Scrap Recycling and the Gold Rush Problem," Working Papers, HAL hal-00243017, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.