Nonrenewable Resources with Switching Costs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.
Volume (Year): 42 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dixit, A., 1988.
"Entry And Exit Decisions Under Uncertainty,"
91, Princeton, Department of Economics - Financial Research Center.
- Cairns, Robert D., 1990. "Geological influences, metal prices and rationality," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 143-171, July.
- Schulze, William D., 1974. "The optimal use of non-renewable resources: The theory of extraction," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 53-73, May.
- Slade, Margaret E., 1988. "Grade selection under uncertainty: Least cost last and other anomalies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 189-205, June.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1991. "Analytical Approximations in Models of Hysteresis," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 141-51, January.
- Jon M. Conrad, 1997. "Global Warming: When to Bite the Bullet," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(2), pages 164-173.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1978. "The Optimal Exploration and Production of Nonrenewable Resources," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 841-61, October.
- Heal, Geoffrey & Barrow, Michael, 1981. "Empirical investigation of the long-term movement of resource prices : A preliminary report," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 95-103.
- Mason, Charles F., 1989. "Exploration information and AEC regulation of the domestic uranium industry," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 421-448, July.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1980. "Uncertainty and Exhaustible Resource Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(6), pages 1203-25, December.
- Brennan, Michael J & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1985. "Evaluating Natural Resource Investments," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(2), pages 135-57, April.
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1989. "Hysteresis, Import Penetration, and Exchange Rate Pass-Through," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 104(2), pages 205-28, May.
- Ilhem Kassar & Pierre Lasserre, 2002.
"Species Preservation and Biodiversity Value: A Real Options Approach,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Kassar, Ilhem & Lasserre, Pierre, 2004. "Species preservation and biodiversity value: a real options approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 857-879, September.
- Ilhem Kassar & Pierre Lasserre, 2002. "Species Preservation and Biodiversity Value: A Real Options Approach," Cahiers de recherche du DÃ©partement des sciences Ã©conomiques, UQAM 20-18, Université du Québec à Montréal, Département des sciences économiques.
- Abdullah Almansour & Margaret Insley, 2013. "The impact of stochastic extraction cost on the value of an exhaustible resource: An application to the Alberta oil sands," Working Papers 1303, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2013.
- Mason, Charles F., 2011. "On stockpiling natural resources," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 398-409, May.
- Elettra Agliardi & Luigi Sereno, 2013.
"On the Optimal Timing of Switching from non-Renewable to Renewable Resources: Dirty vs Clean Energy Sources and the Relative Efficiency of Generators,"
Working Paper Series
11_13, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- E. Agliardi & L. Sereno, 2012. "On the optimal timing of switching from non-renewable to renewable resources: dirty vs clean energy sources and the relative efficiency of generators," Working Papers wp855, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Leroux, Anke D. & Martin, Vance L. & Goeschl, Timo, 2009. "Optimal conservation, extinction debt, and the augmented quasi-option value," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 43-57, July.
- Mosiño, Alejandro, 2012. "Producing energy in a stochastic environment: Switching from non-renewable to renewable resources," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 413-430.
- Di Corato, Luca, 2013.
"Profit sharing under the threat of nationalization,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 295-315.
- Di Corato, Luca, 2010. "Profit Sharing under the Threat of Nationalization," Working Papers 58292, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Luca Di Corato, 2010. "Profit Sharing under the Threat of Nationalization," Working Papers 2010.5, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Holland, Stephen P., 2003. "Extraction capacity and the optimal order of extraction," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 569-588, May.
- Margaret Insley, 2013. "On the timing of non-renewable resource extraction with regime switching prices: an optimal stochastic control approach," Working Papers 1302, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2013.
- Mason, Charles F., 2012.
"On equilibrium in resource markets with scale economies and stochastic prices,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 288-300.
- Charles F Mason, 2012. "On Equilibrium in Resource Markets with Scale Economies and Stochastic Prices," OxCarre Working Papers 073, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Feng Song & Jinhua Zhao & Scott M. Swinton, 2011.
"Switching to Perennial Energy Crops Under Uncertainty and Costly Reversibility,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(3), pages 764-779.
- Song, Feng & Zhao, Jinhua & Swinton, Scott M., 2009. "Switching to Perennial Energy Crops under Uncertainty and Costly Reversibility," Staff Papers 56195, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Muehlenbachs, Lucija, 2012. "Testing for Avoidance of Environmental Obligations," Discussion Papers dp-12-12, Resources For the Future.
- Park, Hojeong, 2012. "Real option analysis for effects of emission permit banking on investment under abatement cost uncertainty," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1314-1321.
- Charles F. Mason, 2011. "Why do Firms Hold Oil Stockpiles?," Working Papers 2011.100, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Di Corato, Luca & Montinari, Natalia, 2014. "Flexible waste management under uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(1), pages 174-185.
- Fernandez, Linda, 2005. "A diversified portfolio: joint management of non-renewable and renewable resources offshore," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 65-82, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.