Markets for Water Rights under Environmental Constraints
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.
Volume (Year): 42 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Burness, H Stuart & Quirk, James P, 1980. "Water Law, Water Transfers, and Economic Efficiency: The Colorado River," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(1), pages 111-34, April.
- Ledyard, John O. & Szakaly, Kristin E., .
"Designing Organizations for Trading Pollution Rights,"
838, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Ledyard, John O. & Szakaly-Moore, Kristin, 1994. "Designing organizations for trading pollution rights," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 167-196, October.
- John Ledyard & Kristin Szakaly-Moore, 1993. "Designing Organizations for Trading Pollution Rights," Experimental 9307001, EconWPA, revised 28 Jul 1993.
- Burness, H Stuart & Quirk, James P, 1979. "Appropriative Water Rights and the Efficient Allocation of Resources," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 25-37, March.
- Anderson, Terry L & Johnson, Ronald N, 1986. "The Problem of Instream Flows," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(4), pages 535-54, October.
- McGartland, Albert M. & Oates, Wallace E., 1985. "Marketable permits for the prevention of environmental deterioration," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 207-228, September.
- Montgomery, W. David, 1972. "Markets in licenses and efficient pollution control programs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 395-418, December.
- Johnson, Ronald N & Gisser, Micha, 1981. "The Definition of a Surface Water Right and Transferability," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(2), pages 273-88, October.
- Krysiak, Frank C. & Schweitzer, Patrick, 2010. "The optimal size of a permit market," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 133-143, September.
- Dong, Baomin & Ni, Debing & Wang, Yuntong, 2012.
"Sharing a polluted river network,"
38839, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Calatrava-Leyva, Javier & Colmenero, Alberto Garrido, 2001. "Analisis del efecto de los mercados de agua sobre el beneficio de las explotaciones, la contaminacion por nitratos y el empleo eventual agrario," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 1(02), December.
- Beard, Rodney, 2011. "The river sharing problem: A review of the technical literature for policy economists," MPRA Paper 34382, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Erik Ansink & Harold Houba, 2010.
"Market Power in Water Markets,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
10-054/1, Tinbergen Institute, revised 16 May 2011.
- Coram, Alex, 2006. "The optimal allocation of water along a system of rivers: a continuous model with sequential bidding," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 50(3), September.
- Hung, Ming-Feng & Shaw, Daigee, 2005. "A trading-ratio system for trading water pollution discharge permits," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 83-102, January.
- Nadine Wittmann, 2014. "A Note on Distortional Distributional Effects in River Basin Discharge Permit Trade," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 279-285, January.
- Legras, Sophie & Lifran, Robert, 2006. "Designing Water Markets to Manage Coupled Externalities: An Application to Irrigation-Induced Salinity in Australia," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25350, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ronald C. Griffin, 2012. "The Origins and Ideals of Water Resource Economics in the United States," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 4(1), pages 353-377, 08.
- Nadine Wittmann, 2014. "A Microeconomic Perspective on Water Resources Management: Analyzing the Effects on Optimal Land Rents Along a River Basin," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 28(5), pages 1309-1325, March.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2010054 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Yuntong, 2011. "Trading water along a river," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 124-130, March.
- Coram, Alex & Noakes, Lyle, 2009. "The optimal extraction of water along an arbitrarily configured river system," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(2), June.
- Watanabe, Michio & Adams, Richard M. & Wu, JunJie, 2003. "Efficient Patterns Of Conservation Activities In A Watershed: The Case Of The Grande Ronde River, Oregon," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21995, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.