A Dual Approach to Modeling Corner Solutions in Recreation Demand
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.
Volume (Year): 37 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kling, Catherine L. & Bockstael, Nancy & Michael, W., 1999.
"Estimating the Value of Water Quality Improvements in a Recreational Demand Framework,"
Staff General Research Papers
12334, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kling, Catherine L. & Bockstael, Nancy & Hanemann, W. Michael, 1987. "Estimating the Value of Water Quality Improvements in a Recreational Demand Framework," Staff General Research Papers 1594, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lee, Lung-Fei & Pitt, Mark M., 1987.
"Microeconometric Models of Rationing, Imperfect Markets, and Non-Negativity Constraints,"
7470, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Lee, Lung-Fei & Pitt, Mark M., 1987. "Microeconometric models of rationing, imperfect markets, and non-negativity constraints," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 89-110.
- Englin, Jeffrey & Lambert, David & Shaw, W. Douglass, 1997. "A Structural Equations Approach to Modeling Consumptive Recreation Demand," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 33-43, May.
- Geweke, John, 1996.
"Monte carlo simulation and numerical integration,"
Handbook of Computational Economics,
in: H. M. Amman & D. A. Kendrick & J. Rust (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 15, pages 731-800
- Wales, T. J. & Woodland, A. D., 1983. "Estimation of consumer demand systems with binding non-negativity constraints," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 263-285, April.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1975. "Transcendental Logarithmic Utility Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 367-83, June.
- Yen, Steven & Adamowicz, Wiktor L., 1994. "Participation, Trip Frequency and Site Choice: A Multinomial-Poisson Hurdle Model of Recreation Demand," Staff General Research Papers 764, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lee, Lung-Fei & Pitt, Mark M, 1986. "Microeconometric Demand Systems with Binding Nonnegativity Constraints: The Dual Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1237-42, September.
- David L. Edgerton, 1997. "Weak Separability and the Estimation of Elasticities in Multistage Demand Systems," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 62-79.
- Hajivassiliou, Vassilis & McFadden, Daniel & Ruud, Paul, 1996.
"Simulation of multivariate normal rectangle probabilities and their derivatives theoretical and computational results,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 85-134.
- Vassilis A. Hajivassiliou & Daniel L. McFadden & Paul Ruud, 1993. "Simulation of Multivariate Normal Rectangle Probabilities and their Derivatives: Theoretical and Computational Results," Working Papers _024, Yale University.
- Hausman, Jerry A. & Leonard, Gregory K. & McFadden, Daniel, 1995. "A utility-consistent, combined discrete choice and count data model Assessing recreational use losses due to natural resource damage," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Edgerton, David L., 1993. "On The Estimation Of Separable Demand Models," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(02), December.
- Van Soest, Arthur & Kooreman, Peter, 1990. "Coherency of the indirect translog demand system with binding nonnegativity constraints," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 391-400, June.
- Ransom, Michael R, 1987. "An Empirical Model of Discrete and Continuous Choice in Family Labor Supply," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 465-72, August.
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance, 1993. "Weak Separability in Applied Welfare Analysis," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-26, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Arias, Carlos & Perali, Carlo Federico, 1999. "Exploring Alternatives For Estimating Systems Of Equations With Multiple Censored Variables: Farm Output Supply And Input Demand," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21591, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bujosa Bestard, Angel & Riera Font, Antoni, 2010. "Estimating the aggregate value of forest recreation in a regional context," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 205-216, August.
- Phaneuf, Daniel J. & Smith, V. Kerry, 2006. "Recreation Demand Models," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 671-761 Elsevier.
- von Haefen, Roger H., 2010. "Incomplete Demand Systems, Corner Solutions, and Welfare Measurement," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 39(1), February.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Mancino, Lisa, 2012. "Demand for Food Away from Home: A Multiple Discrete/Continuous Extreme Value Model," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 127103, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Marcella Veronesi & Martina Menon & Federico Perali, 2007. "Extensions of the Traditional Travel Cost Model of Non-Market Valuation to a Collective Framework: Evidence from the Field," Working Papers 42/2007, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Huhtala, Anni & Pouta, Eija, 2006. "Discerning welfare impacts of public provision of recreation areas," Discussion Papers 11860, MTT Agrifood Research Finland.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.